Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
Washer/Dryer installed in 3400

Back in May (I know I'm a little slow in posting - my excuse is pressure of business and a 5000 mile trip) we had a Supreme washer/dryher installed in our 3400rl.

The pictures - as promised a loooooong time ago are here:
http://www.blakeconsulting.ca/RVDiar...___pieces.html

Many thanks to Barry at Outdoor Travel for an incredibly neat job well done!

There are many updates I am waaaaaaay overdue to make on our websites but they will get done somtime. Updates to our recent trip and later plans (Toronto to Tampa via Texas) are just a few as well as updates to our review page of sites we have visited.

They will happen sometime - maybe. Only 6 weeks to next trip and 24 sets of Corporate Accounts to compile and send to our "friends" at the tax office!

DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 02:19 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
DiananColin
Did you vent out the bottom?
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 02:47 PM   #3
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Yes the vent is at the bottom, they put in a white one so it hardly shows.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:19 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Where does it end up at?? We haven't vented ours yet. The vent is laying in the basement and we open the basement door. We love, love the washer/dryer. I'm not sure how we made it these past 8 years without it.
Thanks for the pictures. We need to enclose ours also.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:50 AM   #5
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
we vented ours out the top....through the back wall.(different model though)
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:57 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Very nice!

Is that adorable young lady your granddaughter?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:30 AM   #7
jpf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3393
DiananColin,
Thanks for the Pics of the W/D install. We also have the 3400 with lower "shelf" in the laundry room. In your pics it looks as though the shelf was removed. Just curious why you opted to mount the W/D at the floor level rather than extending the shelf forward with a platform and bracing and mounting it higher at the existing shelf level ? Was it a weight or vibration concern..?
We're getting ready to order a combo W/D unit and will face the install soon.

thanks, jerry
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:39 AM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Jerry,
We did ours the same as DiananColin. Storage space was one consideration as well as stability.
Happy trails....................
Old 08-03-2005, 11:34 AM   #9
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
To answer the questions:

Yes Steve she is our Granddaughter - tho' sometimes I think we have adopted her - she was with us for our recent 5000 mile trip in 7 weeks which was just soooooo good. We are taking advantage before she starts Kindergarten in September which will make it harder for us to "steal" her!

The vent ends up very low on the side of the monty behind the door (when it is opened) - just out of sight on the pictures but it's about 6 inches behind the door catch.

We decided on floor mount (probably not too hard a decision really) - Diana needed to have the 2 shelves above the w/d left so I took some wire baskets and used plastic locking ties to keep them in place. Room on top of w/d for the plastic washing basket. We really lost very little storage room in the basement - with a bit of judicious sorting out we seem to actually have everything fitted in even better than before - maybe just having to reorganise was a good thing.

The actual install was very neat but I did forget to mention one important feature that added to the stability of the w/d. The unit is now mounted (free standing not bolted) on a wooden plinth that is covered in carpeting. Seems to make it very stable.

Final small adjustment was adding a catch on the doors to prevent them opening while travelling.

Diana loves the w/d and in my book if "the boss" is happy then by default I am ecstatic!

(BTW Jerry about 8 years before you were doing your "Semper Fi" stint I was doing a "Per Ardua Ad Astra" stint.)
Old 08-03-2005, 12:15 PM   #10
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
DiananColin
Thanks for the info. Your guy did a really nice job on the enclosure. Ours is still open and we are debating about where to go to get it done.
Happy trails....................
Old 08-03-2005, 01:05 PM   #11
jpf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3393
Colin, thank you for sharing the details, that will make our install decisions easier. jerry
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote