Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2005, 05:58 AM   #1
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Mirror Removal

I would like to remove the mirrow in the water closet, a.k.a. potty room. If anyone has removed a mirror with all the glue that is used to hold them to the wall, please let me know how to do it.

Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 01:56 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
You may have to risk bad luck and break the mirror to remove it. Then the stuck parts you can take dental floss and pull through the glue to cut it off. Be patient as the floss will break alot, but it will eventually go through the glue.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:31 PM   #3
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Native Tex, you can use a fine piano wire and draw it down behind the mirror. It cuts the glue then you can remove whats left. Have someone catch the mirror for you.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 06:18 PM   #4
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Fishing line works also doing the same as jsmitfl suggests. By all means not a one person job. Good luck.
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 07:19 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Would the hair dryer work? I have a diffuser on my that I think I could get behind the mirror. Who ever thought of putting a mirror in the toilet room had to be crazy. If there were no other mirrors, maybe I could see it.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 05:37 AM   #6
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
All - thanks for the suggestions. I will try the wire or fishing line as a start. I just do not want to damage the wall too bad. I had never thought of those two as a tool for this task. Thanks folks for the suggestion. I will let you know how it turns out.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:17 AM   #7
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Native Tex,

I replied to your question about removing the mirror on the thread "Bathroom", where you asked this question. When I posted there I had not seen this post. I explained how I finally got my mirrors off the walls without damage.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:01 AM   #8
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Fla Native I will check that out. Thanks a bunch.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:12 AM   #9
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Why doesn't Montana have the mirrors available if you want them, but not installed? We used a hair dryer on all of ours and it worked OK, but left a couple of small bare areas along with the screw holes, of course. When we got our Montana, we ordered a couple of rolls of seam tape and six feet of border, so we could make such repairs.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:34 AM   #10
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Well gang we just wanted to give you a final update on this topic. Took a chance and ran a wire down the wall behind the mirror without any type of adhesive softener. The mirror came right off in about 30 seconds. It seems that Keystone did not use glue but rather a foam double stick tape or mastic of some type. The screws were there to support as well. At any rate, my wife has already hung her new wallpaper mural. It does look very nice with all the new borders. Thanks for all the suggestion.