Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #21
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gitrdun

I just got finished re installing my quest system. The speakers were connected wrong. I re done the wiring in the back and spent 2 hours setting the sound. I have set up a few home theatre systems but I believe this was the toughest. But you know what? I was very impressed with the results. I too, thought of replacing the whole thing but after I figured it out it sounds great. A little time and hair pulling saved me some coin.
GET-R-DUN!!!!!!!!!!!
One quick question, if you cut the power to the Montana do you lose all your settings when you power up again?
thanks for posting,
Dick Driver
2980RL

rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:06 AM   #22
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
YEP!
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:14 AM   #23
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
I don't need to cut power to the Montana. I lose my settings just by turning the Quest off. Another problem with the Quest is a high level of hiss in the speakers when they are not active. Unfortunately, I realized my retired HK receiver will not provide a signal to the stereo speakers in the bedroom. Every now and then, even a couple of old-marrieds can enjoy some mood music in the BR.
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:21 PM   #24
IL. Camper
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4055
I didnt see the reply on the origanal question of is the tv have a surrond sound hook up?
IL. Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:23 PM   #25
IL. Camper
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4055
I didnt see the reply on the origanal question of is the tv have a surrond sound hook up?
Old 08-28-2005, 01:24 PM   #26
IL. Camper
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4055
Old 08-28-2005, 02:42 PM   #27
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Lije Baley we have a Bose radio for that purpose. Works anywhere and great sound. Plays CD's also.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 03:27 PM   #28
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
I just pulled the quest out of our 2005 2980RL and pulled all the speaker wires to determine what speakers went to what jack. I then took the wires for the rear speakers, the ones that never worked except a hiss, and hooked them up with the left and right speakers that are over the Quest. Now I have rear speakers with the CD & AM/FM.

The rear speakers and the center speaker over the Quest do not normally work with CD & AM/FM only with the surround sound system through the TV.

We only use the surround sound if we rent a movie so it works for us. This will work until we go full time and want a lot better quality unit. Or should I say a unit that works and not a piece of junk.

One other thing, I tried every thing I could with the AM antenna and am able to pick up only one station. I even tried to run a wire from the AM antenna jack on the back of the Quest to the coax TV antenna, nothing worked. Sure enjoy listening to the Mariners baseball games when out camping.

Dick Driver
rldriver
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote