Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2005, 05:14 AM   #1
abrown134
Established Member

M.O.C. #2078
Automatic Toilet Chemical Dispenser

Having a full time job and doing a lot of weekend trips over the summer, I have grown tired of wasting a bunch of toilet chemicals for just a couple of days. At a camper show recently in East Lansing, MI I ran across an automatic dispenser that mounts behind the toilet on the wall.
The unit is made by CLS Systems Inc. right here in Michigan. The kit they sell has the dispenser and one bottle of their chemical for around $50. I have one to put into my Mountaineer and also bought a unit for the motorhome we have at work. From what I can see, it should work trouble free for a long time as there are no valves or moving parts to wear out.
No, I'm not a dealer and have no business interest in this company. Just wanted to pass along what seems to be a great product to the Montana Owners community.
They do have a web site which is

www.bluestreakchem.com

Also on the plus side, the chemical provided smells like baby powder. While the other brands usually work well, I'll not miss the burning nose sensation when charging the tank.

Aaron

abrown134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 05:55 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome Aaron to the MOC Family.

I rarely if ever use any chemicals in the Black tank. Everytime I dump the tank I flush it until the water dumping thru the hose is nearly as clean as the water going in.

My system is to dump the Black tank, Close the valve and refill using the flush connection, dump again and refill again, dump again and refill again. Repeat this until clear water flows thru the sewer hose.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:49 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks for the info and link, Aaron. Would you mind telling us a little bit more? How does this work, does it replace the water valve on the toilet? Also, must you use Blue Streak chemicals or can you use any similar brand? It looks like it uses a liquid chemical, is that correct?

Thanks for any info you can provide.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:41 PM   #4
abrown134
Established Member

M.O.C. #2078
I put the one in the motorhome today at work. Took me about 1/2 hour to do.
I first had to remove the stool and water connection. Only two nuts hold the stool down. Then had to cut the soft flexible line which carries water from the flush valve to the bowl. The tee provided with the kit gets put in line with this, tighten the provided clamps, and remount the stool. The tank gets bolted on the wall, fill it with chemical and it was up and running.
The tank has a venturi of sorts built in which meters the amount of chemical going into the bowl. They recommend you use their chemical but do authorize using one other (can't remember which one, just not the formeldehyde based stuff).
Now if the weather would only break so I could pull mine out of storage and get it installed.

Aaron
abrown134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:56 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks for the explanation, Aaron. I was wondering, also, which chemicals are authorized and if either is generally available in Walmart, RV dealers, etc. I'll see what I can find out online soon as I get a chance.

Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:02 AM   #6
Montana_2428
Established Member

M.O.C. #2428
I ordered and installed the chemical system. Installation was fairly straight forward. Had to remove the stool first to understand which installation material was needed...plastic tubing in my case.

I installed the holding bottle under the stool area in the basement (I have the 2955RL). The provide tubing for the chemical delivery was too short by about 18 inches. Mounted the bottle on the front wall just below, to the right of the landing gear switch.

Results? Excellent!! This is the way to go if you will be stopping at a lot of campgrounds. This will save us from going through a lot of chemical on a daily basis.

We ordered the distribution system and extra bottles of chemical. Think this should last for couple years, no problem. Also, the chemical smell is good.....like the others, like baby powder.

Don and Michele
Montana_2428 is offline   Reply With Quote