Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2010, 02:50 PM   #21
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
How about sharing the dealers name and location so we can avoid this place

garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #22
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
In reference to Keystone putting pressure on a dealership: We have had the West Coast Keystone Representative attend our Spring National Rally and he indicated that there is not a lot Keystone can or will do in regards to "forcing" a dealership to do something. There are even instances of the dealer simply refusing to work on certain rigs. It is not like an auto dealership where the manufacturer can more or less dictate what the dealer will do.

I don't understand the intricacies of this process I simply know that many times the Montana owners get left out in the cold! Sure seems to me that Keystone ought to have more power over the dealerships.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #23
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HamRad

In reference to Keystone putting pressure on a dealership: We have had the West Coast Keystone Representative attend our Spring National Rally and he indicated that there is not a lot Keystone can or will do in regards to "forcing" a dealership to do something.

HamRad
I read his words differently: there is not a lot Keystone will do in regards to "forcing" a dealership.

AS we all know when it comes to sales volumes if a dealer isn't selling what they believe is enough of their product they will certainly award the line to another dealer. Perhaps sales volume targets are all that appear on their radar screens. Sad to see that customer satisfaction doesn't rate as highly as sales volumes!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #24
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
DarMar,
Good point! Whatever the reason it sure makes it rough on customers.
Thanks.
Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:27 AM   #25
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I guess I see this dilemma a different way. The problem was caused at their dealers and the dealers admit that they made a mistake.. They told the couple to come back and they would take care of it..

This is not a warranty issue so I don't see it as Keystones problem.. We are fulltimers and while on the road we have either paid to have things fixed at another dealer or waited to have things made right at our dealers when we returned. Because of the taller units being made now the steps are a lot further off the ground on our Big Sky then on our 3475 and we bought a platform to close the gap.

Since Phyllen has already bought a platform , what would be wrong with using that until you get back to where you bought it and have the dealer make the replacement like they offered?

I know that the subject is disappointed in Keystone and I agree that they should have answered your letter, I do not fault them for not getting involved between you and the dealer.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:11 AM   #26
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
I think the dealer has to be given a chance to fix the problem before we start bashing. Then if they don't fix it then hollar and if need list why they gave such lousy service. I was a former business owner and also auto service manager and can appreciate both sides
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:30 AM   #27
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
From what I understand it's not just the latest problem with the stairs, from memory of their previous post this particular dealer has dropped the ball from day one when first dealing with the original damage, of course the damage was not done by the dealer, but they clearly need to put as much priority on after sales service as they do the original sale. Taking 6 weeks to just get around to ordering the parts to do the repair is totally unacceptable, IMHO. I can just imaging my frustration level if we were in the same boat. Correct me if I am wrong.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #28
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
In our case when the dealer ordered the parts from Montana they, being Montana had to order from the source, ship to Montana and then shipped to dealer. The fact that dealer used wrong trim code meant they got the wrong color counter top and had to reorder c/top. They also shipped by truck from Goshong to Pendleton.OR and yes I know about frusteration. In the first six months it spent more time at RV fixer then at home so I can sympathize.
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #29
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
DarMar - you are right and you sure have a good memory! They did take 6 weeks to order the parts. We had the insurance check in week three. They kept telling us they needed to research the part numbers. We could not understand how they could make the claim to the insurance company prior to having the parts list and numbers. When we originally took it to them they said 3 weeks to order the parts and a week and a half to do repairs. We figured the whole process would take less than 5 weeks. However, those five weeks became 14 weeks. We find this unacceptable.

Yes, they did tell us we could bring it all the way back 200 mile round trip and they would give us our good steps back. We were due to hit the road 3 days after we finally got it back, we did not have time to spare in large part to their original delays. We are more upset that they did not tell us they changed the steps and then gave us some outlandish reason why they did.

What I still maintain, even though this might be between us and the dealer, we expected a response to our complaint from Keystone, not told they just stuck our letter in a file!
Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #30
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
Keystone can influence a dealership. I have no doubt. They can put a dealership in a bad way in a short time. They can delay parts and unit shipments. They can delay warranty payment. They have tons of influence. This is a choice made by Keystone not to get involved. It is a loud and clear statement that they do not care about their customers of which I have experienced also.
mtpocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:45 PM   #31
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
I agree there should have been some response from Keystone but our experience has been that they do care about their customers, they have given us help long, long after the warranty ran out. They are not perfect but they do try.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:02 AM   #32
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
remember the ordering goes like this..You to dealer, dealer to Keystone, keystone to vendor, vendor to Keystone, keystone to dealer, dealer to you.. part numbers. When I tried to order a OEM bracket for a flat screen TV we found out that Keystone used 3 different TV vendors and 3 different brackets therefore three different part numbers. Had the same issue when ordering a OEM door for the water fill on the 06 3400. Many different doors...many different part numbers. We are now tracking down a piece of wood that goes around the main slide that the *&%$$ bird ate .Do you think there is more than One part # for that.????

We just had our black and gray tank replaced at the fall rally. Can I just order 1 each gray and black tank for a 06 3400 and get the right one.. Maybe not... need to get the number off the tank and if it is a right or left inlet. Went to the service center and said..where is the tank vendor,,They pointed up the street. I went up the street to the vendor gave them the numbers and they pointed to the proper tanks. Went to the repair facility also just down the street made a appointment for the repair..they went down the street and picked up the tanks and replaced them

Total time involved less than 1 day. No dealers involved, No ordering involved, no shipping time involved Just me, Keystone, Vendor, repair facility..all in the same place and able to communicate'
What a difference.

When something is ordered from a dealer get a copy of the order invoice.. call Keystone service center to confirm the order got there..call agin to see if there is a delay or back order. Get involved.

We have seen the system in action. The system works.. we need to know how it works so we can understand and get involved if need be...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:59 AM   #33
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
Oh we did, we were making pests of ourselves calling dealer and Keystone. With the original issue, customer service appeared to understand the situation. We then had a good impression of their response. They, too, agreed it should not have taken dealer 6+ weeks to place the parts order. Our real problem is still that they did not respond to our letter, whether or not they could assist us with the step issue. Just a letter or phone call would have gone a long way.
Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:53 PM   #34
rotti
Established Member

M.O.C. #10061
One thing companies don't like is negative publicity. try writing to some camper magazines and tell your story
rotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:24 AM   #35
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rotti

One thing companies don't like is negative publicity. try writing to some camper magazines and tell your story
The Good Sam magazine has a "letters to" section just made for this sort of thing....
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote