Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Caravans

I am curious why there are no organized caravans for we Montana owners? I am planning a trip to Alaska next year and it would be more fun with a group, perhaps. (Also, help if things break down )
Thanks.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #2
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
There are many organizations that sponsor trips like you are thinking of doing.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I guess because this is not a organization. We just did one from Mackinaw city to Door County Wisconsin. 7 Montana's and we had a great time. Remember this forum is just a bunch of folks who own Montana Division products. No Officers, no chain of command, no organizational chart, no dues, no membership cards, etc. If you want to organize a caravan I don't think anyone will stop you.. Give it a go..... Start a .. Who wants to go to Alaska thread.... you might get yourself a convoy..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #4
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
I know of a couple of MOC'ers that are thinking of an Alaska trip next year. I agree with Rich, start a thread and you might be surprised at the response.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:16 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I just might be interested. We have been wanting to go to Alaska but our plans never got any further than just that "PLANS".
As suggested, start a new thread "Who wants to go to Alaska?" You just never know.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:46 AM   #6
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
A tiny word of advice for those interested in Alaska.. It is wonderful but it is, or should be a very long trip and it is hard to find a lot of people that want to do exactly the same things for an extended period of time.

In our case, when we went both to Alaska and Newfoundland, we traveled by ourself or with just one or two others and kept in touch by internet all the time with several Moc'ers and Escapees that were traveling also... We each did our own thing and would meet up several times along the way. Many times we thought we would spend a night in one place and wound up staying a week or more and again there were places that we didn't like the weather or something and moved on right away instead of staying the two or three days we thought we would do.. It is also hard to find campgrounds for several Montana's without advance reservations due to the number of caravans that travel to Alaska. One thing that would have spoiled our entire trip would have been to have to have reservations along the way since we changed our schedule so many times.. We found the only time we really needed reservations was over the 4th of July and maybe in Denali. We met many Montana Owners and Escapees on our trip that we went to dinner, shows, fishing and boat tours with and have remained good friends with them ever since. This trip is too awesome to "go along with the crowd".

Of course this is just my opinion and those that know me know that we break our own trails... However you decide to get there, just DO IT. You won't be sorry.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:35 AM   #7
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
We went to Alaska last year with 2 other non-Montana owners. We agreed to travel together to Alaska then split up do our own thing, keep intouch through e-mail and agree on a exit plan. We all ended up staying together and we had a blast. We also had truck problems and had to have Montana towed to a campground twice by our friends. So for us traveling with a small of friends worked out great. Stacy
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote