Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2006, 12:06 PM   #1
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
I found it!

You know those annoying runners that you put down and they aren't suppose to move, well I found this and I used it in our house and it is great...CW has it...Here is the product. Check it out.
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...D=61614&src=WL

Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:52 AM   #2
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Kathi, that looks interesting. Have you used it in the rv? I'm wondering if it has to be taken up when you close the slide, or is thin enough to go under the slide? It seems we are usually camped where there is a lot of mud around, and we have been using runners. Taking them up and storing them when the slide is closed gets to be a pain.
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:57 AM   #3
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
I will try it in the RV when we get it back from the dealer. I will keep you posted...It is really great in the house, as I had to pick up all my runners when Paul came home from the hospital so that he wouldn't trip on them. This stuff is great. I got some from Lowe's and I just looked in my RV catalog and it is in there under filmtech. Their website is www.filmtechonline.com, check them out...
Old 03-26-2006, 04:19 AM   #4
Koalityman
Established Member

M.O.C. #4872
Hi Kathi,

I've been looking for this for over a year. This car[et protector was on the RV when we purchased it and it works great to prevent stains. Thank you for the tip!
Koalityman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:11 AM   #5
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
We just went to Lowe's and picked up 3 more rolls. Cheaper then at CW. And it is a little longer. 24" Z 50' and it was $11. and some change. Because there is no tax in Montana that really made it nice...
Old 03-27-2006, 01:51 AM   #6
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Kathi,
Will be watching to see how you like this runner when you are ready to pull it up. Do not want to discourage you, but our unit had this runner still in place when we took delivery. We pulled it up after a few days and vacumned. About a month later we noticed a distinctive path exactly where the runner had been. It seems just enough of the adhesive remained on the carpet to attract and cause dust & dirt to adhere. I have had to clean this entire area twice in the last five months and we take our shoes off in the unit. Just a word of caution...perhaps what the dealer had used on ours was a different brand.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:14 AM   #7
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Well I have had this down and up twice now and haven't had a problem. Maybe I didn't keep it up long enough. I will keep you posted on what happens when I pull this up. In any case I will be keeping it down in the trailer because that is such a small area and gets so dirty so quick that I feel it is far better then having to shampoo it so often. Thanks for the heads up though. Kathi
Old 03-27-2006, 03:22 AM   #8
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I'm interested in putting this down near the door inside the Monty. Does it get slippery when wet? We already had one person fall out of our Montana right after we got it and she shattered her arm. She had to have major surgery and then big surgical steel bars protruding out of her arm for 3 months after that. So, the "slip factor" is a concern to us.

It looks interesting though. Will you keep us posted Kathi?

thanks!

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:49 AM   #9
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Yes I will. Considering the fact that the hospital P/T and O/T nurses told us about it, I would think they have experienced the use of it...I can go in to the living room and pour some water down and see if Paul slips on it though if you want me to!!!LOL Just kidding....I have it all over the house and nothing has happened when he walked on it coming out of the shower. The O/T was really concerned about my throw rugs so she made this suggestion. She is coming this morning so I will ask her about the slip factor. But so far I really like it. Much better then throw rugs. You can sweep this stuff, nothing sticks to it, so we well see...I know one thing, If the industry is using it in their new homes and RV's they couldn't have had any complaints of falls or they wouldn't be using it.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:51 PM   #10
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Boy thats what I want on my rug when the weather is like RAIN. or Dry camping in the dirt.
thanks for the info.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:21 PM   #11
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
..... Kathi you are soooo bad!

I'm telling Paul what you said about testing that stuff on him when he gets out of the shower!!

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:22 AM   #12
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Kathi,
We bought the carpet protector at Lowe's years ago when we re-carpeted the house in a light beige color and used it in the Dinning Room under the table, down the main hallway and in the Living room where the grand babies played and in front of the entrance where our dog used to come in and out of the house, We never had any problems with residue sticking on the bottom and it really saved us from a "LOT" of spill stains.

We had to change the plastic around the Dog area more often just because of his claws on his paws, would puncture the plastic when he rolled around and stretched out.

I'm not sure as to why we haven't used it in the Monty,(currently I have a clear vinyl runner). I think if it were in the path of the slide (which it would have to be in our Monty), it would be OK for a few passes, but would eventually start to curl over. Of course that would be a good indicator that the edges were starting to get soiled and the strip needed to be changed out, so I suppose it wouldn't be that bad.

If you have a large area to cover, we found that if you overlap each strip about 1" and have two people laying it down, it is easier to handle, if it touches itself, it will stick REAL WELL and is hard to unstick without stretching it. When it comes time to dispose of the vinyl runner we have, we will probably go back to the carpet saver again.
Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 12:41 PM   #13
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Kathi, we found this some years ago at Home Depot. We use it on our steps up to the bedroom. In the spring it really comes in handy to put down b/c of all the mud. It is a great product!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:32 PM   #14
Jim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #865
Could have used that last November when we were on our four month trip down south. My co-pilot went to the laundromat with the scatter rugs and left a temporary one down. When I went to go out the door I went down all the steps, landing on my elbow and breaking my collar bone and tearing the ligaments in my rotator cuff. Here it is four months later and it is still on the mend.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote