Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2006, 09:07 AM   #21
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890

The Flexible water supply tube is 3/8" compression to 1/2" female which fits the faucet. Then you get a brass fitting that is a 3/8" male on one end and a 1/2" male on the other. That will connect you to the 1/2" compression PEX you have in your Montana after you remove the old faucet which is a residential faucet with no spray.

I got a 16" long water supply hoses and 12"would work also.

Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:32 AM   #22
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f7...ctures8025.jpg

Here is a picture of the plumbing. A 16" flexible hose is probably best.
Compression fittings have an o-ring in them and only have to be snug. After turning on the water check for leaks and just snug the fittings until the leak stops. Over tightening fittings can cause leaks and damage to the fitting. You can see the brass adapter fitting. One end 3/8" one end 1/2", the plumbing shop will help you get what you need. Download the pic and take it with you.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:29 PM   #23
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
wrenchtraveller: Thanks for the information and the picture. Now I have just one problem, convincing Colin he can do it. He says that could be a major catastrophic disister in the waiting!!!! Diana
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:03 PM   #24
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Diana, I see Colin is an Accountant and if we were closer I would gladly install a faucet for you if Colin would do my Income Tax return. Where is Whitby? East or West Ontario?

I was raised in Pine Falls, Manitoba, NE of Winipeg and about 80 miles from Kenora which is the only part of Ontario I have seen and Ontario is a big province. In a few years we want to do a Coast to Coast trip. My Dad did a coast to coast trip pulling a trailer when he was 70. He will be 80 this summer and still drives down to Yuma every year. He is in Arizona now and coming home in a couple of weeks. Take care, Don
Old 03-19-2006, 02:42 PM   #25
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
Don: I sincerely hope he would make a better job of your Tax Return than he feels he would make on the plumbing job. I find it very difficult to believe he can't do the job (or dosn't want too) as he installed our daughter's dishwasher last week in her new house and he had never done anything like that before!!!!. You ask where Whitby is, it is approx 30 miles east of Toronto, on Lake Ontario. Diana
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:50 PM   #26
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
You folks are close to TO. Great. If He can install a dishwasher , he can install a faucet in your Monty. Go get him, Girl.