Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2006, 09:48 AM   #21
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
For those of you with a 2006 3400RL, where are you mounting the autoformer?

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:53 AM   #22
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by snfexpress

For those of you with a 2006 3400RL, where are you mounting the autoformer?
Ditto! (w/o the good looking pic)...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:45 PM   #23
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dieselguy

You might check this website (RV Performance Products) out ... $299 / free shipping for the 30 amp model and $499 / free shipping for the 50 amp model.http://rvperformanceproducts.com/index.php?id=autoformers
I got mine there with no problems and quick shipping.
Thats where I bought mine as well. The guy I talked to his name is todd.i belive he owns the place.Its funny because I was saying to him that I have been to places that won`t let you use a "autoformer"he told me he has heard that too.He siad the only reason they would say No autoformers allowed is because their Idiots.
He said using a autoformer has nothing to do with the parks power.Some people believe that if you are using a autoformer that some how you are stealing power from other park post.he said this rumor has been going on for ever it seems and their is No truth in it at all.todd also said you can talk to these people til your blue in the face and they just don`t get it.Hes a pretty funny guy.

i just ordered it yesterday so in hearing it ships fast is nice.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:06 PM   #24
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I love how Fulltimedreamer hardwired his Hughes Autoformer into his Montana. I saw this site above and recognized the A/F. After a few seconds (very fast for me), I realized I had seen this unit a while back on fulltimedreamers "project" web site - another possible memory first for me.

OMG! They say you're memory for things in the past improves as age starts to affect your brain and other things start to go. I'm depressed now! Oh well... here's the site anyway...

http://www.geocities.com/fulltimedre...ofrm_inst.html
Old 02-21-2006, 10:36 PM   #25
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Fulltimedreamer`s install off the autoformer is top notch.Now if I can only get him to camp next to me for a week or so maybe we could work some thing out.lol
Old 02-22-2006, 02:28 AM   #26
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Harleyrider, you may have to take a number and get in line.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:35 PM   #27
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
On the RV.net forum(don`t know why I keep going their)Their was a debate on which way to install.Autoformer first or surge guard first.Of course I relayed what i was told to do by the guy(Todd)at "rvperformanceparts"Autoformer first.Well that statement didn`t sit to well with a couple of postets.One post said he lost 2 autoformers from spikimg due to the fact he had his install first to the camp ground post.I guess the debate continues on which way.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:51 AM   #28
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
If I learned one thing at RV.net it's why bother. I do make the occasional post if I feel I can truely help someone but more often than not you will have the "experts" lambaste you. BUT, without replying, I will follow some of the "experts" threads just to find how truely ignorant they really are.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:04 AM   #29
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by harleyrider

On the RV.net forum(don`t know why I keep going their)Their was a debate on which way to install.Autoformer first or surge guard first.Of course I relayed what i was told to do by the guy(Todd)at "rvperformanceparts"Autoformer first.Well that statement didn`t sit to well with a couple of postets.One post said he lost 2 autoformers from spikimg due to the fact he had his install first to the camp ground post.I guess the debate continues on which way.
I spend way too much time there too - once every week or two now. There's just too many people on there that are way too "smart".
Old 02-23-2006, 01:05 AM   #30
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

If I learned one thing at RV.net it's why bother. I do make the occasional post if I feel I can truely help someone but more often than not you will have the "experts" lambaste you. BUT, without replying, I will follow some of the "experts" threads just to find how truely ignorant they really are.
Ditto, Ditto, and did I mention "Ditto"???
Old 02-23-2006, 01:16 AM   #31
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I will say, though, that I have had some help me on that forum. Not all bad, but way too many "chest beaters". Remember Tarzan? Guy who stood there and beat his chest when a lion was charging? Rode a way fast elephant going anywhere? Best friend was a monkey? Forgot what Jane was for?

Remember him? Some of those guys still exist - only now they mix alcohol to post even more intelligent comments. At least Tarzan did'nt drink to help him become an even more intelligent poster.

Sorry - was that too negative? I just thought there was a ticket for "Drinking and Posting"? Guess there's not enough of THOSE kind of "police" on there...

There, I put a smilie face in to show my MOC spirit. Of course this was MY expert opinion...
Old 02-23-2006, 02:10 AM   #32
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I don't know I think the Rv net open roads forum has a lot of valuable information at times. There are a couple of disgruntled one time MOC'ers over there . I read it a lot but make few post.I like the fifth wheel forum because there are owners of ALL brands of Fifth wheels and you can get a more diverse view.There are a lot of Montana owners over there that nevr heard of the MOC and I know there are a few of us that will ask them to come over and take a look . In fact one who was having the 'Frame Flex " issue Did come over a take a look at my request..Hope we can help him out.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:33 PM   #33
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I was probably too harsh - winced when I re-read my post. As I have mentioned, there have been several members there have have been very helpful to me personally. It's just that, as Rich said, there is a higher percentage of "sour grapes" there, relative to here on the MOC. When we do run into it, we have a tendency to compare everything to MOC, and it's very difficult for any other forum to match up. And then (speaking for myself), we may become judgemental.

It's a good thing I'm perfect...
Old 02-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #34
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Got the autoformer today.pretty fast delivery.less then a week.Not bad.the one thing that really surprized me was how small it is.I was expecting some thing a lot bigger.Its a tad on the heavy side.but space wize it won`t take up to much space.