Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2020, 08:29 PM   #1
Mike3387
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19510
Just Installed The Winegard Pathfinder X2

Had seen a great deal for the Pathfinder and Wally, so I pulled the trigger. Had to wait a few weeks before the weather was decent enough to uncover the Monty. Tried connecting using the coach wiring and everything seemed fine following the prompts until I came to the activation of the Wally. The technician recommended a direct connection, which after three hours, the receiver finally activated. Next week I plan to connect everything again using the RV cabling. That will be after checking all of the splitters for correct installation. Trying to avoid drilling a hole to make a direct cable connection. I'm sure the DW would prefer not having coax running through the window. As far as the other TV's, I'm planning to use the wireless HDMI boxes for satellite service. Thanks again to the MOC for all the tips and advice!!!

Old 03-07-2020, 09:02 PM   #2
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
I had the same problem and I fixed it by tightening all the coax connectors with pliers.
They still loosen from time to time so I think I will use some locktite on them.
prndl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 06:57 AM   #3
Mike3387
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19510
Thanks For Replying

I hadn't thought of that. I'll use that when I get in there to check the connections. After hearing so many bad comments about the installed wiring, it's nice to hear a positive comment about the stock wiring, or at least the stock wiring can occasionally be useful.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:33 AM   #4
Kyle and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21685
From time to time we do not have good cable service at some places, so we hook the cable from the post directly to the tv by running it through the seal on the side of the slide, it does make a difference, and at most places everything is fine, and all accessible connections have been checked.
Kyle and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote