Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
twrastall

M.O.C. #12266
Goodyear Marathon tires

On the trip home from FL I saw 3 Montana's along Side the road with blown tires. When I got home I started searching the web and was alarmed to learn about all the problems with Goodyear Marathon tires. I called Montana and was told there is nothing they can do about it because the tires are rated for the weight of my 2011 Montana 3100RL. Was given the standard speach about tires fail because of low air pressure. I replied that most people who buy a $50,000 RV will make sure the tires are at proper inflation. The customer rep admitted thy are still using Goodyear Marathon tires on their 2012 models. I asked why would they put tires on that they know will fail. No answer. I was told to drive under 65 MPH or my tires would blow out. I replied that this will be the last Montana I will buy. The customer rep gave me the number for TRIDENT Tires who is the company who install their wheels and tires. I asked if I could put G rated tires on my 5th wheel. I was told no, as my wheels are only rated for 80PSI. I asked to talk to someone who could address the tire problems. I was told there was no one to talk to.

Called Trident Tire main office. The customer rep admitted that they have received a number of complaints about the Goodyear Marathon tire. The rep said my only option was G rated tires ($400 per tire). The rep did verify that wheels on 2011 and newer Montana's have 120PSI wheels.

Warning, don't buy a Montana unless it has G rated tires.

Filed complaint with NTSA.
twrastall is offline   Reply With Quote