Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2005, 03:58 PM   #1
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Sopcoppy Opry

I mentioned in a recent post that we were visiting Sopchoppy, FL. It was a real hoot!! A most enjoyable two days....

If you are ever passing near Sopcoppy.......the last Saturday of each month is the celebrated Sopcoppy Opry, a true celebration of Americana at it's best. My son made the obsrervation that if the word Opry ends in a "y" and not an "a", it could be more correctly described as a Redneck Recital. Maybe so, but if you enjoy Country Western, Bluegrass or maybe some Gospel music, you will enjoy the Opry. You never know what you will find. That is the beauty of RV life....you never know. Charles Kuralt once featured Sopchoppy in a "On the Road" piece.

The city has a nice park, on the banks of the Sopchoppy River. $8.50/night, water and 30 amp electricity. Plenty of room for several Montys. Dump site a block away. The Opry performers had their own little impromptu "jam session" at the park pavilion after the performance, which certainly enhanced the experience.

From Tallahassee..you go about 40 miles to the south on Florida 319. US 98 crosses 319 about 6-7 miles north of Sopchoppy if you are driving on 98. If you are traveling on I-10 you need to go a bit out of your way to avoid downtown Tallahassee, otherwise, it is an easy drive, no problems. You can make a reservation at the Sopchoppy City Park. 850-926-3873 will do it. Not sure of the process to get tickets, but the lady who does the res probably can fill you in on that.

Any questions, drop me a line.

Best,

patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote