Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2020, 08:32 AM   #1
Md.FireFighter 3791RD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20081
Send a message via AIM to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via MSN to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via Yahoo to Md.FireFighter 3791RD
Samsung Fridge.

Is anyone having issues when opening the left door with the flap that is suppose to close back flat again against the frame when opening and closing the left door. It doesn't close flat every time its opened and closed. Have a 2016 3791rd. Any help would be appreciated.

Md.FireFighter 3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:57 AM   #2
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I have a Samsung in our home. The little cam that closed the flap between the doors got to where it wouldn’t work and I made a bushing to lift it up to close it. Worked fine since.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:32 AM   #3
Ahdmeyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24181
same problem here on my 3931fb, i have the same fridge in my house. the reason i see that it does not close correctly is because of the bar they put in to help stablize the fridge from moving and also the keep the doors closed when you apply the knob for travel. In my motorhome we traded when we got the 5th wheel ( again a samsung fridge) i bought a lock to lock the freezer closed then we used a strap to keep the fridge doors from opening. I changed the fridge out myself from a gas/ electric to the residential fridge and was able to secure it from a door on the out side. need to find a way to secure it better and remove that bar that keeps it from closing properly, we find if we close the right door first then the left it is better, here is the lock i used https://www.amazon.com/Sugatsune-HC-...4661400&sr=8-8
they use this lock on some of the motorhomes i have seen.
al meyer
3931fb
az
Ahdmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:25 PM   #4
Md.FireFighter 3791RD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20081
Send a message via AIM to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via MSN to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via Yahoo to Md.FireFighter 3791RD
I'm not at the camper at this time,where is this cam you speak of. The top or bottom of the little flap door. also what did you use/make to help to close the flap. Thanks.
Md.FireFighter 3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:56 PM   #5
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Its on the top of the door. What happens is it I guess wears and falls down a little bit and the part that engages in the grove doesn’t engage in the grove so the let’s say flapper doesn’t close.
Yes I know clear as mud. Look at the door top and you will see what I’m trying to explain.
Lynwood

On edit
What I did was make a little plastic piece about 1/4 X 1/2 X 3/4 inch with 2 .16 inch counter sink holes in it. I shoved the flapper up as far is I could get it drilled two holes in the side of the door and under the flapper top hinge. That will be hold the flapper up enough to engage in the grove.
If you wont one PM me and I will make you one. To be made probably you will need a machine shop.
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:26 AM   #6
cotter key
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10849
Mine drove me nuts till i discovered the left side door was slightly out of adjustment. It was lower and would let the flap door miss the groove thing at the top to make it shut.

On the bottom of the hinge there is an adjustment, don't remember but double nut i think, by turning it you can raise the door and that in turn raises the flap to where it catches every time to make it go closed.

Hopefully that works for you.
cotter key is offline   Reply With Quote