Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2015, 06:39 AM   #1
rloechel
Established Member

M.O.C. #14355
Storage Area Floos; 3400rl

Have to replace some flooring in the storage area floor. Soft with water damage. It is right by the left hatch, and only in a small area. Don't think a full replacement is needed Have a couple questions:

1. Anyone with experience replacing flooring? Suggestions?
2. Is it possible to remove the floor covering and re-install, or should I just plan on replacing the covering?
3. Where/how does the flooring attach to the frame?
4. Will probably use marine grade plywood. Acceptable?

Tks,

Rodger

rloechel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:11 PM   #2
brooksider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9963
replaced full floor in mine last fall. Used treated plywood and allure flooring over that.
brooksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:58 PM   #3
rloechel
Established Member

M.O.C. #14355
replaced full floor in mine last fall. Used treated plywood and allure flooring over that.

Tks for the comment. How did you remove the factory flooring cover and then the flooring? Did you have to remove any of the trim, or did you remove the factory covering, then remove the flooring? How is the flooring attached to the frame? Does the factory flooring fit underneath any of the vertical walls? Finally, what is allure flooring?

Tks in advance.

Rodger
Old 05-30-2015, 05:35 PM   #4
brooksider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9963
removed the trim, the convience center,the aluminum studed wall,The floor is attached by screws. It was a bit of a job to remove the old floor as some of the screws were hard to find. I replaced the new floor in three pieces as it was easier to work with. two foot piece on each side and the remainder in the middle.(4X8 sheet) Actully the aluminum studded wall I tilted it up and secured it to the ceiling of the basement,
Allure flooring is a flooring that Home depot sells. It is peel and stick and is durable, thin and easy to work with. Water resistant.
Joe
brooksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:38 AM   #5
rloechel
Established Member

M.O.C. #14355
removed the trim, the convience center,the aluminum studed wall,The floor is attached by screws. It was a bit of a job to remove the old floor as some of the screws were hard to find. I replaced the new floor in three pieces as it was easier to work with. two foot piece on each side and the remainder in the middle.(4X8 sheet) Actully the aluminum studded wall I tilted it up and secured it to the ceiling of the basement,
Allure flooring is a flooring that Home depot sells. It is peel and stick and is durable, thin and easy to work with. Water resistant.
Joe

All:

Tks for all the tips. Working rather slowly due to age and IQ. All flooring out except that under the aluminum frame. Removed all screws, but frame seems to be wedged in.

Joe: Was it hard for you to remove the aluminum frame ? Think I can get it out with a hammer, but don't want the floor to cave in on me. (:}). Also, how did you remove the two wood convenience utility boards?

Tks in advance.

Rodger