Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2013, 04:28 AM   #1
embraceatrend
Established Member

M.O.C. #6316
Graphics for a 2007 3485SA

Our front cap Graphics curled and peeled several years ago, when Keystone was dealing with Burlington Graphics. New front Graphics that include the Montana name and the Mountain scene were sent to us, but I was hesitant to put them on, figuring in several years I would have to repeat the process, during those several years, the remaining Graphics curled and peeled. We were in Mexico this year, and had all the Graphics removed and had the trailer painted. So the bottom line is we have the front Graphics available to anyone who might be interested, just pay the shipping, I would send them from around the Bellingham area, we live just north of the border.

embraceatrend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:40 AM   #2
Loui
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12538
Send a message via MSN to Loui
I would be interested

I'll send you a PM

Cheers
Loui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:23 AM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Larry-- Where did you get your rig painted in Mexico and how much did it cost you? This might be a help to those that head to the Southwest for the winter and have the peeling graphics.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #4
Flymutt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12223
Yea...could we see some pictures?
Flymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #5
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Flymutt

Yea...could we see some pictures?
Yeah, you can't post somethng like that without posting some pictures - it's not allowed!!
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:19 AM   #6
embraceatrend
Established Member

M.O.C. #6316
I will post some pictures if I can figure out how, the painting process is a typical Mexican paint job, it was done in the park, done with metalic auto paint that matches the truck, he took my gas lid off the truck to match the paint, and is two colors, three colors is a little more, and the color red is a little more again, also the Montana lettering was additional, and I figured the Montana group would not be interested in contributing, so we had all Montana logos removed and went with two colors.
The Process:remove all decals and glue from the whole trailer, fully paint white and clear coat the two end caps, paint navy blue decals and clear coat, paint silver decals and clear coat, blend the white with the existing white on both sides and clear coat. I had them repair a little boo boo and scratches on the two sides of the truck box and fully paint both sides and clear coat.
The bill: $2400.00 for the trailer, $200.00 for the truck, all cash.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:31 AM   #7
embraceatrend
Established Member

M.O.C. #6316
We had the trailer painted in El Golfo De Santa Clara, but the crew came from Puerto Penasco, or Rocky Point as it is also known, and is about a hundred miles from El Golfo, (a little fishing village)so you might be able to shave a little off the price if you had it painted in Puerto Penasco, save them traveling every day. If you enter Mexico through the Ajo area and cross at the Lukeville border, its less than 100 miles to Puerto Penasco.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #8
embraceatrend
Established Member

M.O.C. #6316
Old 04-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #9
embraceatrend
Established Member

M.O.C. #6316
I have posted pictures of one side view, the other side is identical, nothing on the end cap, the only other thing we are considering is getting a mural painted on the front cap above the blue and silver framing, we are still mulling that over, as the front cap gets a real beating with insects, and most RV parks are hesitant to let you wash your trailer, but, I am leaning towards getting one, and will have it done in Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) this coming season, different guy that painted the trailer, but does very good work.
Process: sand and prep front cap, put at least one, and preferably two primer coats, paint the mural, and at least two clear coats over painted mural, Cost: $150.00 to 750.00 depending on the size and the complexity of the art work.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #10
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Wow! Your rig looks terrific. That is so much nicer than the ugly peeling decals. And a mural up front will be perfect.

I suspect Puerto Peñasco will be a popular destination next winter.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote