Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2007, 04:56 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Pecan Point RV Park, Dothan, AL and TV problems..

Pecan Point RV Park just south of Dothan, Alabama on US Rte 231 comes highly recommended by Lorraine and I.
We stayed here a couple of years ago and loved it than. It is located just a short distance from a Wally World Supercenter, a Ryan's Buffet and numerous other stores and restaurants. Just up the road a mile or so is a Flying J and many more shops and restaurants.
Most all the sites are on well kept grass. You can read more on their Passport America page I posted above or on their own website at Pecan Point RV Park
We picked Pecan Point previously because it was a Passport America. This trip we picked them by default. The "default" was de fault of our GMC. When our GMC decided 20MPH was as fast as she wanted to go we ended up sitting along 231 just inside Florida. We had just passed Pecan Point heading for a PA in Perry, Florida.
We called Good Sam ERS and when the tow truck arrived I had him tow us back to Pecan Point as I knew they were also PA and the park was a clean one. The tow truck driver pulled us into a pull thru and assisted in setting up the Monty.
The driver and I than towed the GMC to the local GMC garage where they felt the problem maybe a clogged fuel filter. I left the truck overnight and today they will find the problem as well as a full 50,000 mile service. The tow truck driver than returned me to the CG.
Here comes the good part. When we checked in the CG host did give us the PA rate but did not charge us the 2 bucks extra for the 50 AMP. With this HIGH HEAT & HUMIDITY I am definitely using the 2nd A/C. This AM we decided to spend a second night and went to the office for a second night. A different clerk realized we were never charged for the 50AMP and I surely thought he was going to add it to the bill for the second night. He didn't AND he also didn't charge us for tonight's 50AMP either.
I still ain't done...From our site to the laundry is uphill and it is HOT & HUMID. I asked if someone could get the laundry up to the laundry mat for us. The clerk dropped everything and drove down in his own truck and carried our laundry and Lorraine back to the landry mat.

I may have passed by Pecan Point once for a different PA CG in Florida but I guarantee I will never pass them up again.
The folks here bent over backwards for us and they are guaranteed my business in the future.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:49 AM   #2
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
We spent one night there last spring and they were just getting their wifi up and running. How is it now? We ran highway 84 from Texas to Thomasville and enjoyed it a whole lot more than I10 or I20. Dan
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote