Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2006, 07:20 AM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Here's our new dining room...

http://i1.tinypic.com/xnw7d2.jpg This link will take you to a picture of the new location of our dining room table and chairs. We moved them to the back of the trailer and we have so much more room to sit up to the table. Could have a great view in some locations, too. We will have a comfy padded oak glider and footstool in the location of the dining room table once it arrives. By the time we're fulltiming, we will have replaced the couch and the two recliners and removed two of the dining room chairs. We'll put two folding chairs behind the new loveseat for the times when we 'entertain'. We love having easy access to the dining room table. Our coffee table top also lifts up so people can eat at the loveseat. We think we'll like it but will test it out this summer.

The slides can close easily with the table in the rear location. The table has been fastened to the floor and we will belt the chairs to the pedestal when traveling.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:05 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Looks nice Judy,

I only see one thing, that I might be concerned about, and it won't be a concern if you stay in really warm weather!

that heat duct on the floor, it won't dry out the pedestal if the heat runs a lot, will it????

But, wow, what a nice look!!!!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:09 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We've had a little wooden stool over another heat duct all year during some cold weather and it's held up fine so I doubt that the table will be affected. Time will tell. I appreciate you for sharing your concern.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:11 AM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
ah, a test run/stool! good idea!!

SURE LOOKS GREAT!!!!

Back that puppy up to a lake, sit and enjoy the view, have a cup of tea, or drink of choice, mmmmmm..works for me.!!!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:54 AM   #5
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Judy,

We did the same with our coach. The TT had a built in dinette which we removed and we purchased a table and chairs which now sit just as yours do. We like it much better.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:03 AM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks, Lamar, that's encouraging. I think we're going to like it.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:52 AM   #7
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Looks good Judy, keep us posted. Would like to see the new glider/footstool, (maybe we will at the Rally?)

John & Donna.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:29 AM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
The Lord willing, we'll be at the rally with our new glider. Looking forward to seeing everybody.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:25 PM   #9
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrgwdenner

http://i1.tinypic.com/xnw7d2.jpg This link will take you to a picture of the new location of our dining room table and chairs. We moved them to the back of the trailer and we have so much more room to sit up to the table. Could have a great view in some locations, too. We will have a comfy padded oak glider and footstool in the location of the dining room table once it arrives. By the time we're fulltiming, we will have replaced the couch and the two recliners and removed two of the dining room chairs. We'll put two folding chairs behind the new loveseat for the times when we 'entertain'. We love having easy access to the dining room table. Our coffee table top also lifts up so people can eat at the loveseat. We think we'll like it but will test it out this summer.

The slides can close easily with the table in the rear location. The table has been fastened to the floor and we will belt the chairs to the pedestal when traveling.
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:29 PM   #10
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
I like the table and chairs by the back window, so much roomier to sit by the table. I take it you have all of your seating in the slide where the dining table used to be. Only thing, if you would want to use a hide a bed for sleeping, there would not be enough room for our 2 recliners and 1 couch along that wall. How wide is your love seat, must be your chairs do not take as much space as the recliners do.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrgwdenner

Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Ronnelly, we took out one of our recliners last year. Our loveseat has two recliners built into it which will be opposite the television. It is the same general size as the sofa, maybe a few inches shorter. We will end up having a glider and footstool in the area where the dining room table was. I don't think you could do this arrangement without removing one of the recliners. Once our loveseat and glider comes in I'll post some more pictures. Along the original DR/LR slide, we'll have the glider & footstool, a 2 foot cube-shaped covered basket for storage, and then the loveseat. The glider is smaller than a recliner. We could use the original sofa with the hideabed in its present position but it is very uncomfortable. So, after removing the sofa, we will carry an inflatable air mattress for our guests.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #12
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Judy,
Looks great! I am sure you are going to enjoy this arrangement much better than Keystone's. Looking forward to hear how your new furniture does for you once it arrives.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:15 PM   #13
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks, Montana Sky. Looks like we won't have our glider before we leave for the summer but our loveseat is due in before the end of the month. Can't wait.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #14
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
You are one lucky gal!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 06:59 PM   #15
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Judy what an awesome arrangement..hmmm.. I wonder if that would work for us. We already took out the hideabed (the pup's crate took that space). We are down to 3 chairs.. will have to give this some thought.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #16
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I see that pup is changing things already, Myrna. Can't wait to see him. I don't know why it wouldn't work for you. I'd like to be backed up to a view of mountains or a lake to really test it out.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:39 AM   #17
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Judy - Wow, look what "thinking outside of the box" will accomplish. Great idea.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #18
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks, vickster.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:05 PM   #19
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vickster

Judy - Wow, look what "thinking outside of the box" will accomplish. Great idea.
Vicky, check your email.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #20
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Looks great, Judy. I'm sure you will enjoy the view when you back into a lakeside site.
Bob
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote