Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2008, 04:22 AM   #1
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Following Bob & Pam & Dave & JoAnn

We are in Great Falls Montana waiting for our mail to catchup to us. Planning to cross into Canada tomorrow. We will be making stops in Banff and Jasper before heading up the Alaska highway.

Maybe we need to start thinking about a MOC mini-rally somewhere on the Kenai peninsula this summer.

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:58 AM   #2
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Grant and Kathy

Mini reunion in Alaska sounds good. Travel safe, you are going to love it!

Jo-Anna
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:56 AM   #3
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Grant how's the weather been?
No trouble here on our end, just still trying to catch up at work.
enjoy the trip and keep posting. Are you traveling with another couple of rvs?
Chuck
ps off topic, sorry. PM me if you want
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Grant and Kathy, if you haven't been to Banff and Jasper you are in for a treat. That is one place I plan on going back to again. The scenery was spectacular. I love to hear about the trips to Alaska. Keep the threads going about your trip.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:34 PM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Grant and Kathy,

Don't know which direction you are planning on taking but if you'r not cemented to I-15 I'd suggest hwy 89. It is a good road with little traffic and fantastic scenery. We were up at Waterton Park and drove south from there into the US. We'd recommend a stop at the park. It is great! From there you can go north into Calgary and then of course west into Banff and points west. Beats the heck out of just going up and down the freeways!

Keep on enjoying. By the way are you planning on going up through Jasper? We did NOT do that and regret that we missed it. We had some friends that took that route and said it was well worth the trip. We did take the route as far north as the Columbia Ice Field. You must take the tour that they offer. They take these huge rigs right out onto the glacier!

Travel safely.

Dennis and Mary Kay

Edit:...... I reread your post and see you have Jasper on your route! Sorry I missed that. Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:12 AM   #6
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lwcdg

Grant how's the weather been?
No trouble here on our end, just still trying to catch up at work.
enjoy the trip and keep posting. Are you traveling with another couple of rvs?
Chuck
ps off topic, sorry. PM me if you want
For some reason Chuck, ever since you left Montana the weather has been GREAT. :-)

Actual, the weather has been very nice with the threat of thunder storms in the late afternoon but only one light shower.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:21 AM   #7
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rvfirefighter

Grant and Kathy, if you haven't been to Banff and Jasper you are in for a treat. That is one place I plan on going back to again. The scenery was spectacular. I love to hear about the trips to Alaska. Keep the threads going about your trip.
David and Brenda,
We have been to Banff twice before and Jasper once but, the last time was 20 years ago. We are really looking forward to getting back there.

"I love to hear about the trips to Alaska. "
I am going to try to keep up our blog as WIFI permits. You can follow our adventure at: http://birdingrvers.com/

Old 05-31-2008, 08:35 AM   #8
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
I'll be keeping up with you guys. If you go to the Columbia Ice Fields, take a couple of empty water bottles and get you some 1000 year old glacier water. We also enjoyed that part of the trip.
I actually met a firefighter from my dept. there, young guy wasn't in the dept. before I left, but he had a Dept. hat on that I recognized, that was pretty neat to meet someone that far from home.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote