Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
LCD TV in main living room

I really need to trash this RCA TV its awful.What i want to get is a nice LCD TV.Does any one know if the space where the TV sits in-the back wall have any secure place to mount a LCD tv bracket?Are their studs on that back wall?I`am going up to my storage place tommorow to measure the space and figure out what size LCD TV will fit in their.But I will need some type of bracket to hold it in place.

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:14 PM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Harleyrider, right now there are a couple LCD TV topics going on. I believe that a few months back, that someone posted the entire setup, brackets and all, for an LCD TV. Try a search of up to 6 months ago. Maybe someone will be along and give more specific info.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:13 AM   #3
bigbob7777
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3701
Send a message via AIM to bigbob7777
Mr. Jenkins installed a 32" LCD beautifully and sent me some photos taken during construction. If you PM me, I would be happy to forward them to you.

bob
bigbob7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:55 AM   #4
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Harleyrider. I think the 3280 has the same TV layout as my 3255. Mine had the 27" Toshiba, which I replaced with a Viewsonic N2750W 27" 16x9 HDTV. Here is a link. Replace the $ with @ in the link.

http://www.geocities.com/zeeff$sbcgl...t/Upgrades.htm
mazeeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:12 PM   #5
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Hey Mike

Yepper it sure looks pretty close to my set up as well.I was up at the Montana today and the measurements for the TV opening were 25 inches length and 22 inches height.Is this fairly close to what your opening was Mike?Also that Viewsonic really looks nice.And a great price to boot.What did you do to hold it in place??Thanks for your link Mike very nice sight and giving me a lot of ideas for an up-grade
Old 05-28-2006, 04:28 PM   #6
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by harleyrider

Hey Mike

Yepper it sure looks pretty close to my set up as well.I was up at the Montana today and the measurements for the TV opening were 25 inches length and 22 inches height.Is this fairly close to what your opening was Mike?Also that Viewsonic really looks nice.And a great price to boot.What did you do to hold it in place??Thanks for your link Mike very nice sight and giving me a lot of ideas for an up-grade
Yes. Exact same opening. The Viewsonic is 26.8 x 21.3 x 9.6. The fact that the tv is slightly wider than the opening, allows it to sit in behind the wood frame. The screen itself is not obstructed. I also added a 1 inch wood strip at the front bottom of the opening to keep the tv from walking out while traveling. No problems thus far. Just need to figure out what to do with all that open space behind the tv!
Old 05-28-2006, 09:40 PM   #7
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Hey Mike

Well young man I followed your lead and just purchased the Viewsonic N2750W.Got a good price on E-Bay.Finally I can trash this RCA.I too will have to figure out what to do with all that free space in back of the Viewsonic.Very excited about the purchase.Have been looking for awhile and I think this will fit the bill.Thanks Mike for steering me in the right direction.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:48 AM   #8
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Excellent. You should enjoy it. The Viewsonic has a lot of video inputs to use. Two component video inputs, one of which is progressive scan works great with a progressive scan DVD player. It also has both a DVI and VGA port to hook up to a computer. Do you have a satellite system? The LCD's work great with them. Best of luck.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:40 AM   #9
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Well I just got a e-mail from the seller on E-Bay and he can NOT deliver the Viewsonic.Something to do with his account being closed.now I have to go threw the hassle of trying to get my money refunded threw Pay-Pal.Not to mention NO Viewsonic.I guess I`ll have to try another site to get this TV.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:31 AM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
If you mount the TV to the front of the opening, does it sweep backwards and up to the top of the inside of the cabinet when it's on a bracket? It's seems that this sweep would take up a lot of space in the cabinet. Right or wrong? We looked at the brackets the other day at Walmart and they're not cheap....$80 and $150.00. We were surprised.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:41 AM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Wow, talk about a brain warp. I never thought of setting the flat screen TV in the cabinet on a stand like you did in your pictures, Mike. Duh! We couldn't get past the need for a bracket, which is an added expense. Thanks for posting your pictures.

How do you keep the LR television in the cabinet?
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:06 AM   #12
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Harley rider. Sorry to hear about your Ebay ordeal. You do have to be very careful when buying on Ebay. You want to buy from a seller who has a good and long history. Most of the scammers have a short history, and buy a bunch of 1 cent items to boost their feedback. If you have a Fry's close to you, they had the Viewsonic on sale last weekend for $599. As far as mounting it in the cabinet, I simply added a 1 inch wood strip to the bottom of the opening to keep the LCD from walking out. The TV is a little wider than the opening, so if it moves around, it will not come out, unless it is just at the right angle. If you were still concerned with the TV falling out, you could run screws up through the stand, similar to the way the Toshiba/RCA was mounted. In the 3255RL, there was no room to mount the TV on the surface of the opening. The slide would have hit it when retracted. Good luck.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #13
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Hi Mike

I hear what your saying with the E-bay stuff.Just my luck this was my first purchase from them.The seller from what I could tell had a very good feed back rating.Why his account was suspended is beyond me.So far i have seen NO charges on my credit card as of yet.Going threw Pay-Pal is a big hassle.I guess you live and learn huh?Not really to worried about being charged as my credit card does have protection from this type of thing.I`am guessing all credit card companys work the same way.I don`t belive we do have a Frys in my area.Is Frys an electronic store like Best Buys or Circut City??Thanks Mike for the tip on mounting the TV.I will sooner or later get this Viewsonic,weather I get it for the price you said is another thing.We shall see.

John
Old 05-30-2006, 07:02 PM   #14
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Yes, Fry's is an electonics store somewhat like BestBuy. We have three in the Dallas area. There are several LCD's that will fit in the space. Samsung makes a very nice 27" wide screen that fits, but is more expensive than the Viewsonic. Most of the ones that fit have the speakers at the bottom of the TV, as oppossed to the sides. If you used a credit card with PayPal, you should be fine. I would watch the charges closely, and alert the credit card company as soon as see any charges. I have purchased many big ticket items off of Ebay, and have had pretty good luck.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:40 PM   #15
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Hi Mike

Yes Thank God I did use a credit card.So like you said I`ll watch my charges closely.I should be fine.It does kind of put a bad taste in my mouth on dealing with E-Bay now though.I have searched and the best price I have found on the Viewsonic is $675 including free shipping.Thats really not to bad of a price.I`ll probably go with them.

John
Old 06-01-2006, 12:31 AM   #16
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Well just my luck woke up this morning and sure enough the charges for that Viewsonic that I will NOT be getting is on my charge card.I can`t belive this guy would except money for some thing that he knows he will not deliver.Pay-Pal has been NO help to me at all.I sure hope my credit card company can straighten this mess out.Not sure really how credit card companys get that money back.And more importantly HOW I get this charge of my card.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:22 AM   #17
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
MIke, tryed to look at your web page,

got the dreaded, no such page found error message.

SIGH
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:01 PM   #18
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

MIke, tryed to look at your web page,

got the dreaded, no such page found error message.

SIGH
You must replace the $ with a @. For some reason the MOC site views my url as a email address!
Old 06-01-2006, 12:47 PM   #19
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Mike,

Very nice setup!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote