Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-03-2019, 10:02 PM   #1
scottz
Montana Master
 
scottz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mancos Colorado
Posts: 1,052
M.O.C. #19755
2019 Western Region Spring Rally Coos Bay OR – Activities

We are excited about the upcoming rally on the Oregon coast. It is time to get serious about planning activities. We have discussed this with several members and started a list of rally sponsored activities.

Some members have already stepped up and volunteered to organize activities; for the others we need volunteers. Remember, it won’t happen unless someone takes the lead.

Let us know if you are willing to organize any of these activities or if you have additional suggestions. In an effort to keep the schedule from becoming overwhelming, some suggestions may be moved to the “do on your own time” list. Remember, you don't have to do everything.

Once volunteers are approved, the volunteer will create a separate thread for their activity to provide details and solicit interest. Begin the title of each thread with “2019 Western Region Spring Rally …”.

We will also start a separate thread with activities individuals may tackle on their own time.

Respond in this thread to volunteer or provide suggestions.
  1. Happy Hour (several evenings)......Wagon Masters
  2. BBQ Dinner & Presentation hosted by Gibbs RV and Keystone.....Wagon Masters
  3. Performance Trailer Braking presentation.....Doug Mather
  4. Pot Luck Dinner.....Gary & Jennifer Kelly
  5. Jet Boat Tour.....Carl Youngren
  6. Craft Activity/Lanyard Making.....Kristi Silver
  7. Bingo Night.....Greg Neis
  8. Name Tags.....Jack Lyons
  9. White Elephant Gift Exchange.....Jerry & Laura Thorsell
  10. Morning poker walks.....Melanie Ford
  11. Movie Night.....Available
  12. Baggie Breakfast.....Cal & Leanne Jones
  13. Photographers.....Jerry & Laura Thorsell
__________________
Scott & Alta
2017 Montana 3160RL, Legacy, Onan 5.5Kw, Solar
2019 Ford F450 6.7 PSD
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:09 PM   #2
scottz
Montana Master
 
scottz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mancos Colorado
Posts: 1,052
M.O.C. #19755
We have a couple months remaining to plan and need volunteers for activities. Those that have already volunteered; you can start your thread when you are ready.
__________________
Scott & Alta
2017 Montana 3160RL, Legacy, Onan 5.5Kw, Solar
2019 Ford F450 6.7 PSD
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:01 AM   #3
Thorsell
Seasoned Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 82
M.O.C. #19945
Jerry and I would be more than happy to assist in any activity. We will coming from the east coast the month prior so not enough time to do something long distance. We love long walks on the beaches but not into poker.
Thorsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:08 PM   #4
scottz
Montana Master
 
scottz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mancos Colorado
Posts: 1,052
M.O.C. #19755
If anyone is considering running the movie night, I talked to Bay Point and they do not have any equipment in either the pavilion or event center. To make this happen, we will have to provide our own projector.
__________________
Scott & Alta
2017 Montana 3160RL, Legacy, Onan 5.5Kw, Solar
2019 Ford F450 6.7 PSD
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:23 PM   #5
scottz
Montana Master
 
scottz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mancos Colorado
Posts: 1,052
M.O.C. #19755
Does anyone have a DVD projector they can bring for movie night?
__________________
Scott & Alta
2017 Montana 3160RL, Legacy, Onan 5.5Kw, Solar
2019 Ford F450 6.7 PSD
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:01 PM   #6
rohrmann
Montana Master
 
rohrmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Box Elder
Posts: 2,962
M.O.C. #12947
I don't have a projector. Does the park have a large screen TV that we could use a computer to play a movie on? Also, there are a couple of party supply companies in Coos Bay that might have projector to rent- https://search.yahoo.com/local/s;_yl...r=mcsaoffblock
__________________
Bob & Becky
2012 3402RL
2012 Chevy 2500HD D/A CC 4WD
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:05 PM   #7
scottz
Montana Master
 
scottz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mancos Colorado
Posts: 1,052
M.O.C. #19755
Thanks Bob, that is an option. We will be there a few days early and will check out a rental if we need to. I asked the park and was told there is not equipment in either the pavilion or the event center.
__________________
Scott & Alta
2017 Montana 3160RL, Legacy, Onan 5.5Kw, Solar
2019 Ford F450 6.7 PSD
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:22 AM   #8
ranch560
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Edmonds, Wa
Posts: 374
M.O.C. #12491
OK rally attendees, Scott still needs a few more volunteers to make this a successful event. And if any of the new folks attending that aren't sure about volunteering, go ahead and volunteer and we will assist you.

In particular, the baggie breakfast still needs a volunteer. If you are not sure what this is, or how to host this event, go into the forum and review past spring rallies and review the details. I will gladly assist you and I know several others that will do the same. This event is always a favorite and will be held on Sunday morning. Don't worry about having the needed cooking kettles, there will be at least 4 of us with them ready to go.

Jim
ranch560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:37 PM   #9
Thorsell
Seasoned Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 82
M.O.C. #19945
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
We are excited about the upcoming rally on the Oregon coast. It is time to get serious about planning activities. We have discussed this with several members and started a list of rally sponsored activities.

Some members have already stepped up and volunteered to organize activities; for the others we need volunteers. Remember, it won’t happen unless someone takes the lead.

Let us know if you are willing to organize any of these activities or if you have additional suggestions. In an effort to keep the schedule from becoming overwhelming, some suggestions may be moved to the “do on your own time” list. Remember, you don't have to do everything.

Once volunteers are approved, the volunteer will create a separate thread for their activity to provide details and solicit interest. Begin the title of each thread with “2019 Western Region Spring Rally …”.

We will also start a separate thread with activities individuals may tackle on their own time.

Respond in this thread to volunteer or provide suggestions.
  1. Happy Hour (several evenings)......Wagon Masters
  2. BBQ Dinner & Presentation hosted by Gibbs RV and Keystone.....Wagon Masters
  3. Performance Trailer Braking presentation.....Doug Mather
  4. Pot Luck Dinner.....Gary & Jennifer Kelly
  5. Jet Boat Tour.....Carl Youngren
  6. Craft Activity.....Kristi Silver
  7. Bingo Night.....Greg Neis
  8. Name Tags.....Jack Lyons
  9. White Elephant Gift Exchange.....Jerry & Laura Thorsell
  10. Movie Night.....Available
  11. Baggie Breakfast.....Available
  12. Golf.....Available
  13. Chartered Boat Fishing....Available
Looking for a schedule of events. What is the planned time for the white elephant gift exchange so that I can make a post about it?
Thorsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:42 PM   #10
scottz
Montana Master
 
scottz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mancos Colorado
Posts: 1,052
M.O.C. #19755
Tuesday 6:30pm. The full schedule will be posted by tomorrow.
__________________
Scott & Alta
2017 Montana 3160RL, Legacy, Onan 5.5Kw, Solar
2019 Ford F450 6.7 PSD
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:40 PM   #11
Carl n Susan
Site Team
 
Carl n Susan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Carmichael - CA
Posts: 4,160
M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
Thursday 6:30pm. The full schedule will be posted by tomorrow.
Are you sure the White Elephant isn't Tuesday evening after the potluck?
__________________
Carl (n Susan) Youngren
There is more to life than fuel mileage.
2012 Montana 3700RL Big Sky Package towed by a 2015 Ford F350 6.7L PSD 4WD CC LWB

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:50 PM   #12
scottz
Montana Master
 
scottz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mancos Colorado
Posts: 1,052
M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl n susan View Post
Are you sure the White Elephant isn't Tuesday evening after the potluck?
You are correct, thanks for catching that.
__________________
Scott & Alta
2017 Montana 3160RL, Legacy, Onan 5.5Kw, Solar
2019 Ford F450 6.7 PSD
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:52 PM   #13
scottz
Montana Master
 
scottz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mancos Colorado
Posts: 1,052
M.O.C. #19755
We have added morning poker walks to the list, but need a coordinator. If someone is willing, please speak up. Here is a list of the rules from a previous rally.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Poker walks.pdf (15.8 KB, 18 views)
__________________
Scott & Alta
2017 Montana 3160RL, Legacy, Onan 5.5Kw, Solar
2019 Ford F450 6.7 PSD
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:02 PM   #14
MelDan
Established Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Green Cove Springs
Posts: 30
M.O.C. #20380
I guess I can do this if you still need it.
MelDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:04 PM   #15
scottz
Montana Master
 
scottz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mancos Colorado
Posts: 1,052
M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelDan View Post
I guess I can do this if you still need it.
Thanks, PM sent.
__________________
Scott & Alta
2017 Montana 3160RL, Legacy, Onan 5.5Kw, Solar
2019 Ford F450 6.7 PSD
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:59 AM   #16
Thorsell
Seasoned Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 82
M.O.C. #19945
Are there any other HAM RADIO operators coming to the Coos Bay rally?
ARRL Field Day is June 22-23, and I plan to participate to some extent. Anyone else looking to operate for Field Day?
If you aren't a licensed operator, this might be a good opportunity to see what Amateur Radio is all about.
I'm Jerry, N1AVY... see ya in Coos Bay!
Thorsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:24 AM   #17
scottz
Montana Master
 
scottz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mancos Colorado
Posts: 1,052
M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsell View Post
Are there any other HAM RADIO operators coming to the Coos Bay rally?
ARRL Field Day is June 22-23, and I plan to participate to some extent. Anyone else looking to operate for Field Day?
If you aren't a licensed operator, this might be a good opportunity to see what Amateur Radio is all about.
I'm Jerry, N1AVY... see ya in Coos Bay!
Jerry, I would be interested in seeing your set up. I was licensed (NL7CU, still valid) many years ago while in the Navy (CT) but have never operated. Code?
__________________
Scott & Alta
2017 Montana 3160RL, Legacy, Onan 5.5Kw, Solar
2019 Ford F450 6.7 PSD
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:23 AM   #18
mtheo
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: merced
Posts: 944
M.O.C. #6171
We have the projector, but not a portable DVD, player. Player needs to have HDMI connection. Let me know if you need me to bring it.
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:06 PM   #19
Carl n Susan
Site Team
 
Carl n Susan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Carmichael - CA
Posts: 4,160
M.O.C. #4831

Mark: won't a PC, with a DVD player, work? My PCs all have a HDMI output port
__________________
Carl (n Susan) Youngren
There is more to life than fuel mileage.
2012 Montana 3700RL Big Sky Package towed by a 2015 Ford F350 6.7L PSD 4WD CC LWB

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:30 PM   #20
ranch560
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Edmonds, Wa
Posts: 374
M.O.C. #12491
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtheo View Post
We have the projector, but not a portable DVD, player. Player needs to have HDMI connection. Let me know if you need me to bring it.
Mark I have an extra DVD player, not portable (needs to be plugged in) that we used last year at the Utah rally. I can bring it with a long HDMI cable if necessary. Let me know. Next question would be sound??? I'm thinking speakers might be needed somewhere in the loop. We will have a portable PA speaker available. Not sure of the connections required.

Jim
ranch560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×