Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2007, 10:05 AM   #21
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Ozz, keep up the GOOD works. You are a "TRUE PATRIOT".

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:19 AM   #22
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thank you, Don and Annie.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:23 PM   #23
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
There is no excuse for not displaying the American Flag properly, there are numerous sources of information that explain the proper way to display the Flag, if it is not convenient to follow the rules then it would be more respectful not to display it......Pete
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #24
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Old GI

There is no excuse for not displaying the American Flag properly, there are numerous sources of information that explain the proper way to display the Flag, if it is not convenient to follow the rules then it would be more respectful not to display it......Pete
It is amazing at the total ignorance of lots of Americans. Many 'patriotic' Americans flew their flags after 9/11. However, their flag knowlege was so lacking when flying the flag vertically, (they were flying it with the stars in the upper right corner rather than the upper left corner), that I xeroxed a stack of flag etiquette flyers and handed them out...stores, offices, businesses, homes...you name it. Most said thank you, and several (including a WalMart manager) wanted to argue. I finally had to go to WalMart Corp to correct that flag...he took it down.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:24 AM   #25
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Update.
I stopped by the American legion Post in Port Isabel, the Commander copied the information, he and his membership are applying pressure.
I stopped at the Police department and left pictures for the officers there, went to City Hall, talked to Codes Enforcement, they will look into the matter with interest.....
I suggested citing the owner for chipped and peeling paint on the flagpole, as well as requiring him to remove the flag. That should ruin his day.
I called the building owner this morning, they said they talked with the maintenance man and he would be taking it down. I asked when?
She said soon.
I think they need more phone calls..........
Thanks, Ozz
Old 02-21-2007, 07:44 AM   #26
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Wonderful thread Ozz. We need more people like you/us.Being a Vietnam vet and civilian volunteer to Iraq Old Glory still means a lot to me. My middle son is a Sargent in the United States Marine Corp and he won't stand for that kind of disrespect either. It's about time more people got their civic pride back. I just hope it doesn't take another 9-1-1 or a Dec 7th to do it.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:27 AM   #27
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I agree Garin1, I think there are many people with pride in our country and our flag, just not enough.
Update; I just got a call from the Commander in Port Isabel, I was out on my bike. He said the paper's reporter went to take his picture, and they changed the flag out, I asked what they did with it? I want it retired with ceremony.
I called them just now, a lady said it was given to 'Someone' I asked if it would be retired with ceremony, she, of course did not know. I'll keep calling until I find out.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:51 AM   #28
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
OZZ, you are doing a fantastic job! here where I work on Ft Carson every day the people get off work at 4PM and the flag is going down and they just walk on like nothing..I have stopped some and they tell me they didnt know they need to stop and render respect to the flag..what is this word coming to. I'm trying to get them to run it in the local paper.

BOB
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:23 AM   #29
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Keep after them, Bob. You know what is right.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:11 PM   #30
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bob & Lee

OZZ, you are doing a fantastic job! here where I work on Ft Carson every day the people get off work at 4PM and the flag is going down and they just walk on like nothing..I have stopped some and they tell me they didnt know they need to stop and render respect to the flag..what is this word coming to. I'm trying to get them to run it in the local paper.

BOB
Point them out to the MPs, that'll help their memory.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:07 AM   #31
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Ozz, can you get a picture? I have been looking up the phone numbers for the VFW, DAV, and Vietnam Veterans groups in that area. I think a red team of about 60 or so vets in front of that place is in order, I sure wish I could be there........Pete
Old 02-22-2007, 09:49 AM   #32
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664

We have some great men in the Moc Family, don't we ?

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:36 AM   #33
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Pete, that is what I wanted if the flag didn't come down, they did change it out with a new one, but I sure would like to have the tattered flag for retirement, I don't trust the bas%#@* to do the right thing.
I think we have done as much as we can do on this one.
Thanks to you all.
Ozz
Old 02-22-2007, 12:02 PM   #34
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
You took the hill Ozz, congratulations. You are at the top of my true friends list....Pete
Old 02-23-2007, 06:26 AM   #35
Wandering Star
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #50
Good job Ozz, your welcomed into my foxhole anytime!!

Wandering Star
Wandering Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #36
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks, guys, keep up the momentum.
I would have your back........
Old 02-23-2007, 12:43 PM   #37
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Ozz man, google "Gathering of Eagles" and take a peek at that web site......Pete
Old 02-25-2007, 12:52 PM   #38
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Today was a Proud Day for me. Christa and I drove down to Padre Island to meet OZZ(Jim and Sue for Sunday Brunch. In route to their Camp Ground I passed the Restraurant that was the subject of OUR FLAG PROBLEM. Wind was blowing 30 mph off the beach and their before us Flying HIGH AND PROUD was a brand spanking new United States of America Flag, Lump in throat and tear in eye - I proceed to Jim's CG, My heart was aboout to beat out of my chest as I said hello and shook Jims hand!!!!!!!! Some people would say heck he's just a trouble maker, I would say - It take's a real man to Make the Move and GETTER DONE!!!!!!! and I would now ask????? How many of us (including me) have driven or walked by our Beautiful Flag being mistreated or abused and kept on going?????? THANKS JIM, I AM PROUD TO KNOW YOU AND BREAK BREAD WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still Choked up!!!!!! John

PS damndest time for the Digital Camera battery to go dead..... Jim said he would take a picture and post it... BRAVO to everyone that took the time to call. Eye's to the sky men, the JOB ISN'T DONE YET!!!!!!!!
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #39
ArkieBug
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6706
Old GI, thanks for the heads up on GOE. Am now a member and donator to the cause. Wish I could make the trip, but can't stand or walk very long.
OZZ MAN, your the best. Makes me proud to have served my country again. Ya got me looking for tattered old vets hanging in the wind.
ArkieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:21 AM   #40
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
I wonder why the Veterans organizations didn't see that? I tried to maintain membership at the VFW and others but the smokers keep me away. I have COPD and cannot breathe around cigarette, cigar and pipe smoke. Funny,30 years ago I did a 3 year stint as a Drill Sergeant, at 40 years old I could run two miles with a Platoon and never be out of breath, today I can't walk two miles without frequent rest stops......really old GI.