Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
howhafner

M.O.C. #10149
cable tv problem

Can't seem to get any statons on cable. TV antennan works fine and I turn off booster when attempting cable. Any ideas?

Thanks

howhafner

howhafner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Possibly could be a setting on the tv. Some models have menu functions that differentiate between on-air and cable settings. See if your remote has a menu function. If not, could be cable connections somewhere in the rig, this can be isolated by running the campground feed directly to a television to see if that works.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Is the jumper behind the TV is the correct place to pass the cable signal to the Ant Amp/Splitter? Labeling is very vague if they are labeled at all. I had to experiment to determine which was which.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
mijo
Established Member

M.O.C. #10990
Our Rig is a 2010. When we hook up to Cable I need to set the TV to cable through the menu but then I need to run a search for channels so it recognizes the cable channels. I also found out that every time I move the antena I need to re do the search function. It makes a difference tho, at the Quartzsite circle we only had two channels until the TV tech told me this is necessary for Digital TV.

Mike.
mijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:23 AM   #5
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
I had a similar problem. It turned out to be the physical cable. Antenna worked just fine but when I would connect to the cable/sat connection I just got a lot of snow. I ran a separate cable and now antenna & cable work great!
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:40 AM   #6
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
howhafner,
You do not mention the model and year of your trailer. The above advise is good for all models.
Good luck and let us know what you find.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #7
howhafner

M.O.C. #10149
My rig is a 2007 Montana mountaineer 346rlt. I'm still confused! In attempting to use cable I turn off booster and check "cable" on the menu for front and back tv's. No cable tv. However, both tv's work using the antenna and booster. Looking in back of the rear tv, I see no evidence of a connection to the bedroom booster or antenna yet it works just like the bedroom tv. Also, in looking behind the tv in living area, it appears the cable comes thru the wall and directly to that tv, not to the bedroom tv. Can't figure it out. Maybe the bedroom tv was not meant to be viewed on cable. But whey doesn't the living area tv work using cable? If I run it thru the window directly to the tv the cable tv works fine. Could it be the connection going from the outside thru the wall? Bet there are some "head scrathers" out there wondering if this guy is looney!! I do appreciate your comments to date.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #8
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Howard,
Here is a typical wiring for our 07 Montana. I hope your Mountaineer is wired the same. You might call the service center and see if they can send you a copy of the television signal routing for your Mountaineer.

Hope this helps.
The wire from the satellite dish represent to input from the outside.
I would check the coax connection one every end of the coax in question. They are know to fail.
Good luck and let us know what you find.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #9
howhafner

M.O.C. #10149
Thanks for comments/ideas on cable tv problems. I had a little service work to be done (spring broke supporting wiring on rear slideout) so I'm having them check out cable connection too. now believe it is the connection to outer wall but we'll see.