Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Slider Hydraulics Question

On my 2955 we have 2 slides, the bedroom and dining room. For the last several years I have noticed on occasion a very tiny (few drops) of hydraulic fluid on the base of the pump. I never have had to add fluid in all the years we have had the Monty. It was a nice day so I went to take a look and there was a very small drop of fluid on one of the fittings at the end of the hose where it is attached to the pump. I had always thought the it was the reservoir that had a slight leak now I think it could be a hose fitting. I am NO expert on this system but it looks like there is a pair of hydraulic lines that leave the pump and go up immediately probably to the bedroom slider. Then there are two lines that seem to go back toward the dining room slider, and it is one of these where the very small amount of fluid appeared.

We are heading to Alaska in May and I don't know if this is a potential problem area? What is the fix for something like this if indeed it has a small leak? If the fitting is faulty at the end of the hose does the entire hose need to be replaced or can a tech replace just the fitting?

Thanks
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote