Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2005, 03:31 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Exactly 2 years ago today....

Lorraine and I became the proud parents of a brand new 2004 Montana 2955RL. She weighed in at nearly 10,000+ pounds and a length of 32 feet. Now 2 years later it probably gained a few ton and now measures in at 34 feet 3 inches.

We are just SSSOOOOOO proud of our baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 03:41 PM   #2
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
Glad to see your 2955RL is growing up so well. Congradulations!
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 03:52 PM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Congrats Glenn and Lorraine!!!!

Cute post too!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:03 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Okay Glenn, how did your baby get longer; heavier I can see but longer? Congrats on the anniversary.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:04 AM   #5
rogersuemegan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3579
Send a message via AIM to rogersuemegan
Congratulations on your 2 year old! What are you feeding him (her)??? Watch out 2 year old can be hard to live with!!!
rogersuemegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:40 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:how did your baby get longer;
She grew when Southstl and I decided to actually measure our 2955RLs. To our surprise our rigs actually grew from the 32 feet as listed in the brochure to 34 feet 3 inches. That's measuring from the tip of the nose to the furtherest point of the ladder.

Quote:
quote:What are you feeding him (her)??? Watch out 2 year old can be hard to live with!!!
Seems everytime she passes a Camping World, Lowes or Home Depot, flea market, gargage or yard sales she needs to be feed more STUFF.
Yeah, we know all about them "TERRIBLE TWOS" so we'll be keeping a close watch on her. She gets out of hand too often and we just might park her in some RV repair shop while we enjoy the luxury of some flea bitten motel. That would teach her a lesson
Old 09-15-2005, 04:31 AM   #7
RonS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1316
I dont know how they measure these things. Mine is a Big Sky 3280RL book tells me its a 34ft, but my ruler tells me its 36'8". Tip of nose to back of ladder.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:42 AM   #8
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Now, I see why you need to have a yard sale at the rally. Your baby needs to lose some weight. But of course you will visit all the places again and the weight will return. Marge
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:47 AM   #9
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Congratulations Glenn and Lorraine......
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:22 PM   #10
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Congrats Glenn & Lorraine,
Ours is still an infant, Just 13 months old. I've heard just a lot of TLC and they will do just fine.

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 02:59 PM   #11
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
A big wave and congrats on your brand new Monty!!!!!
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 03:10 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Happy Birthday to whatever the name of your Montana is! I know the feeling about heavier and longer. Ours is three plus and still doing just fine. Hitch that thing up and haul it out here to Minden for the rally, Glenn and Lorraine!

Where are you now? I saw a post about sightings in Illinois so I assume you're headed west?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:21 PM   #13
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
You are right on the money but we only headed west as far as St Louie and turned south to Memphis. At this time we are at Americas Best Campground in Arkansas just outside of Memphis. We leave here for Nashville, Chatanooga, Atlanta and arriving in Clearwater, Florida about the same time the Reno rally will be ending.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:02 PM   #14
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Hi Glenn, I have passed that fine looking park near West Memphis several times, but it has never worked out to be the time of day for us to stay there. But someday I would like to do so.

We just came through Memphis on Sunday. In fact we stayed on the other side of the city in the Memphis East Campground. We thought it was very nice. Only problem was we could not get some badly needed propane because they keep office hours: Monday through Friday only 8 to 5.

If it works out for you, I would recommend "The Old Country Store" in Jackson, TN. We ate in the newly opened "Take Out" section and found the food to be excellent. The manager there visited with us and made us feel welcome. There is convenient and ample RV parking, and the Casey Jones home and museum are a part of the operation.

I don't know whether you would be going through Crossville, TN, but if you do you should know that Glenn and Karin Butler are working at the Bean Pot Campground there. They are members of the forum and treated us with great hospitality.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 03:47 AM   #15
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
This campground is nice and they do have propane and their hours are 8 to 8. The only problem I have found is the volatge is a bit low. It was down to about 110 when we first arrived but using my Autoformer took care of that situation. The low voltage could have been caused by the 95 degree days and everyone is running their AC.

Will be here until Saturday and might check out Memphis East on the way through. Will also have to keep Jackson on my mind.

As far as Crossville I am not sure. We originally planned on heading south on I-24 but we could take I-40 over to Crossville and head south from there. That's what I mean about no commitments/reservations in our fulltiming lifestyle, we can change our minds at will.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:55 AM   #16
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Glenn, I probably don't have to tell you this, but we are having an unseasonably hot time of it right now. Unfortunately, the cure may be worse than the disease. The cure goes by the name of "Rita". We have been having record, or near record, heat for this late in the season--over 100 several days this week, and that is 'air temperature' in the shade. Heat index has been 105 and above.

Back to the cure: we will have increasing clouds and winds and very heavy rains on Sunday and Monday, and we are 250 miles inland.

Have a good time across Tennessee!
Old 09-22-2005, 10:57 AM   #17
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Glenn, we overnighted in that park back in January. There were no leaves on the trees at that time but we liked the park and would stay there again. We liked the management, too. The people we worked with were staying in a Montana. We gave them the info for this site but don't know if they ever joined. Also, be sure they give you the card for the ABC campgrounds. If I recall, stay in an ABC so many times and get a night free, or something like that. Another of their parks is in Branson, MO. I think there's just those two. Maybe a third. Don't recall.

Drive safe. It's not too late to make it to Reno.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:18 AM   #18
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Steve, Just here and Branson and they did give me the card. Stay 10 nights get the 11th free and the card has no time limit to accumulate the 10 punches.

BTW-This is a FREE Wi-Fi campground

And--Steve and Dave, it's Gary and Karen Butler and their User Name and MOC # is gkbutler MOC-4049

Lorraine and I have discussed the hurricane situation and think we will be staying out of harms way by delaying our Florida arrival. So heading west to Crossville instead of south could be a better plan. At least until the hurricane season settles down a bit more.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:02 PM   #19
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
No, Glenn, that's a different couple. The folks working at Bean Pot are "Glenn and Karin Butler". I have an email from them in my inbox. Unfortunately, it does not contain their MOC username, so I can't find them. Or maybe I just don't know how. I have their email address, but won't post it in public. Send me an email if you want it.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:19 PM   #20
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
OK, Glenn, here they are:

KK and GB
MOC-139

" Workcamping in Bean Pot Campground in Crossville, TN.
Look for us at site 12."

These are definitely the Glenn and Karin that are working at the Bean Pot Campground in Crossville, Tennessee. I know they would be glad to see you. They sure gave us a warm welcome and we enjoyed being with them.