Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2013 Annual MOC North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2014, 05:16 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Question on 15 mins with a tech.

What was your experience with the "15 mins with a Tech" at the fall rally in terms of follow up or action taken.

Our "guy" looked, took notes was polite and conversational but that was it. Never heard from anyone again.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:01 AM   #2
rmthelen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12748
Send a message via MSN to rmthelen
My guy also took notes, assessed my problem, told me what he would do......When I followed up with my dealer on my item I learned that he was one step ahead of me and had done what he told me he would. Very positive experience.
rmthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:07 AM   #3
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
Took care of everything except the handle for my galley drain dump valve
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:10 AM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Took care of nearly everything that was wrong and our unit is a 2004 model so we weren't expecting much at all but were very pleased with the outcome!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #5
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
I was beginning to wonder if anything came out of those 15 minutes but I found out about 3 weeks ago they were VERY productive.

I will try to make this as short as possible.

Very shortly after arriving home with our new Montana, we discovered that the front of the microwave was severely scratched. We were in the middle of the PDI when the rains came. We noticed it when the sun was shining through the door and hitting it. I reported it to our salesman who requested pictures. He passed them along to the delivery manager who was there during the PDI. After going back and forth for a while, he was not confident that Keystone would replace the unit. I got the feeling that is was "Too bad, so sad" situation. At the fall rally, the 15 minute service tech was shown that problem along with several other small things. Nothing serious. I explained the situation to Chris Stender who made calls and spoke to our salesman. Nothing progressed from that conversation and I let Chris know about it. I made contact with the delivery manager again and again, he stated that since it was not pointed out to him at delivery, there was not much HE could do. I begged him to contact Keystone and try. Months passed and nothing. In January, I sent a quick e-mail to him to find out his progress. It had slipped his mind and he would see what he could do. At the same time, I called Keystone customer service I spoke to a young man who looked up my file and found out that the replacement was approved. The entire report of the 15 minutes with a service tech was in the file. He told me that it was his boss who did the inspection! All they were waiting for was to be contacted by the delivery manager to make the arrangements. The delivery manager from Camping World must have contacted them shortly after. He replied to my e-mail by stating "Indeed, Keystone will cover the replacement". There was another small issue with the scare light rusting that they were also going to fix. So, yes, going to the rally and spending the time with the service tech paid off. Thank you Keystone.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #6
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Took care of all my issues.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:06 PM   #7
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
We had a couple of small issues that were taken care of right at the rally. Our big issue was my propane door has brown spots in it. Tech said there would be a new one sitting at our door when we got home.

Well it was another week, but we got it no problems.
oldelmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:12 PM   #8
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I've been in charge of that part of the Rally since it's inception two years ago and have found most people to be more than pleased by Keystone's response. It's been a joy setting such a positive event up for folks and if I'm asked by this years Wagon Master to do it again I would be happy to volunteer.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:25 PM   #9
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
You do good work, Mr. Dick! I'm proud to have made your acquaintance
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:14 AM   #10
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Took care of issue and keystone paid for all the repairs. The issue we had none of keystones fault was dealers willing to accept that keystone was paying for it under warranty on a 2009 unit. One in fact denied it because they said they get $125.00 an hr labor and warranty labor work $80.00 an hr. And wanted us to pay the difference (Parkview Smyrna De). We did find a dealer who did do the job under Keystones warranty. (Grubbiness PA) 100 miles away. They did however rush the job and did not use the new seal Keystone authorized I feel to save money for the dealership. As long as it worked we accepted it. We had a slide seal replaced. Can not say Enough good about the 15 min. Tech. A gift from Keystone in our eyes and earned a whole lot of respect from us! Thank you so much Keystone.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:15 AM   #11
Ishler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1328
Took care of our issues, made arrangements for Tiara to do the work before we left the rally.
Ishler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:02 AM   #12
Joe in Texas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10881
My main issues was the carpet behind the bed gets wet when traveling in rain. The keystone tech said the "cocking" around the slide needed renewed and the screws tighten. He would document this need on my file and Keystone would have my dealer do the work back in Dallas.

I told him I had an appointment for December to have the roof replaced but not at the Keystone dealer (don't want to go 6 to 8 weeks without my trailer)
The tech told me to have RV Tech that was doing my roof call and Keystone would give authorization for them to do the work.
The RV tech called Keystone and there were no notes on my file of the keystone tech's conversation with me. After 8 calls by me and the rv tech to get an answer. Keystone would never return calls.
Keystone finally sent instructions to the rv tech what to do. The Rv Tech studied my slide and found it was not the cocking or screws that Keystone said needed done. THE SLIDE NEEDED ADJUSTED...........no more wet carpet.
Joe in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:10 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
perhaps I need to jog someone's memory. I will look up who the tech was and give him a call. The service center has always been very good at addressing problems. Some techs followed Aram to Dutchman perhaps this one went over also. They were not g issues and we have since corrected some of them ourselves. We did have delamination on one compartment door and I can't fix that.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:50 AM   #14
Ken65
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7569
Had great service from the 15 minute tech. The new parts we needed were waiting for us when we got home. He answered the question we had. We were very satisfied.
Ken65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:46 PM   #15
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Joe in Texas

My main issues was the carpet behind the bed gets wet when traveling in rain. The keystone tech said the "cocking" around the slide needed renewed and the screws tighten. He would document this need on my file and Keystone would have my dealer do the work back in Dallas.

I told him I had an appointment for December to have the roof replaced but not at the Keystone dealer (don't want to go 6 to 8 weeks without my trailer)
The tech told me to have RV Tech that was doing my roof call and Keystone would give authorization for them to do the work.
The RV tech called Keystone and there were no notes on my file of the keystone tech's conversation with me. After 8 calls by me and the rv tech to get an answer. Keystone would never return calls.
Keystone finally sent instructions to the rv tech what to do. The Rv Tech studied my slide and found it was not the cocking or screws that Keystone said needed done. THE SLIDE NEEDED ADJUSTED...........no more wet carpet.
It's always a good idea to get the name of the tech and in a situation like this call a week or so later and make sure the notes are in your file. If they aren't then it's an easier matter to follow up and if it's still a problem I can get you in contact with someone up the line.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #16
Joe in Texas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10881
I agree Dick, normally I am the one to document and follow up.
My tech was 1 hour and forty five minutes late coming. 3:15 appointment showed up at 5:00...
one other tech stop by at 5:05 to let him know they were all leaving, he was on his own. My tech said "that was my boss"
He was there until 5:20...
I already have my tech list started for September. Nothing major.
Joe in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #17
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Hopefully we can do better for you this year.