Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
kiltedpig
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14137
Thousand Trails/ Encore

When researching a TT membership I see that you get access to Encore resorts but no mention of the discount when you go to an Encore. Does anyone have experience with this and can give me the average discount a TT member gets when using Encore. Most of the places I want to go there is not a TT but there is an Encore.

kiltedpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:12 PM   #2
sapest
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11886
Kp
We are TT members, I believe the discounts are 10% off weekly and 20% off the monthly Encore rates. There are also seasonal specials offerd from time to time on selected Encore properties.

If you are serious about investing in a TT membership, look at older all park memberships, they are a much better deal, if you are full timing, and there are TT parks where you want to be. There are over 100 different TT contracts, be sure you understand what you are buying !

-Steve
sapest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:53 PM   #3
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
We are also TT members. If you decide to investigate, you will need to find a camp host who will give you the latest information. There membership packages change from year to year. For example, our membership package gives us unlimited annual camping in a TT park. If you buy the same package today, we understand that you only get 90 days camping each year. Our package gives us a 50% discount at Encore parks, with a maximum 2 week stay.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:43 AM   #4
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915

As noted above, TT can be very confusing. We joined, then let it drop...it wasn't all it was supposed to be. Be sure to read and understand all the fine print.
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:54 AM   #5
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Amen to what Hooker says. Understand the contract and the fine print before you sign. With our membership, only the parks on the list at the time we joined are part of our plan. We cannot use our membership at any parks added to the list after the date of our joining.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:23 AM   #6
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Before you join any discount membership you should read http://www.complaints.com/ and http://www.ripoffreport.com just enter camping complaint or something related to your contract. I read these complaints and it told me to just stay on my on...
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 10:29 AM   #7
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
reviving an old thread. I have not joined. I have visited a few.. During the covid times is this a value or should I defer. That is the question. Reservations can be hard to come by. But a membership might be an option.
4 or 5 hundred bucks a year at this late date in the season in the north east. Is it worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just148 View Post
Before you join any discount membership you should read http://www.complaints.com/ and http://www.ripoffreport.com just enter camping complaint or something related to your contract. I read these complaints and it told me to just stay on my on...
Old 07-27-2020, 03:03 PM   #8
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
My experience with Thousand Trails was far below sub-par. Parks were old and run down. Sites were small and not all utilities worked. Few, if any, amenities. Had to buy regional packages. Membership did not work for me. Luckily mine was free with the Montana purchase.

No disrespect to anybody with any RV campground memberships. I don't necessarily see the value. There are easily over 13,000 campgrounds around the country. Your "membership" gives you access to a mere handful by comparison. If you prefer staying at the same campground over and over, more power to you. We have been RVing since 2003 and, with only two exceptions, have never stayed at the same RV park twice. (the exceptions are near family and last stop convenient to home)

To each their own. There are as many different ways to RV as there are different RV's.

Rule #1. The Chief is always right.
Rule #2. When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
JABURKHOLDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 05:33 PM   #9
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I'm not kicking dirt on anyone in the Thousand Trails membership, but ... if you are looking for an organization to help with staying in RV parks this link speaks for itself.

https://thousandtrails.com/explore-c...xoC9JMQAvD_BwE

Most of their campsite offerings are currently in COVID hot spots and total offerings is just 193 nationwide. I'd pass.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:57 AM   #10
Hblick48
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21903
Been members for 3 years. Standard membership around $500/year. You choose a home zone. Additional zones can be purchased for $49.

There are limits. Maximum stay 14 days, then have to stay out of system for 7 nights. You can go park to park if you limit stay to 4 nights. You automatically get 20% off at Encore Resorts

Then there is the Trails Collection $299/year. This adds Encore resorts to the mix. Some are no extra charge, some have $20/night charge. Maximum stay 14 nights. Can go from TT to Encore with maximum 4 night stay at TT. Cannot go Encore to Encore without staying out of system for 7 nights.

It works for us because there are a lot of parks in our region. We are not full time, and work around these restrictions although it can get frustrating at times.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote