Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
Jim-n-Kathy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7917
Day 3; "Mission get Monty from Capone town"

Well here we are in Grand Island doing the worst thing an RV enthusiast could/would ever do [that would be watching Law and Order on a small TV in a small cheap hotel]. At least the spaghetti dinner was tasty!
Here's a snippet of today. I found diesel for 3.89-honest! Somehow I just can't cheer that [even though I was appreciative of the bargain?].
If there was ever a time to be glad we were not towing our Montana it was today for 140 miles between Rawlings and Cheyenne. I may have done better with my ice skates than the D/A! Blowing snow and near white outs and 12 million 18 wheelers and at least 1 overturned piggy-back and a few cars in the ditch. I believe I may have used more windshield washer fluid that diesel fuel [learned a few new words to]!
It cleared up like magic when we hit NE [that was a stress reliever]. If I had a personality like my 90 lb yellow lab I would have slept through all that [as he did].
Re: yesterday I mentioned a challenge? Well at the risk of getting the Gump award I am going to confess that I decided to fight rest area boredom today by searching once more [for the umpteenth time]the several containers in my PU bed for the "left behind" hardware I needed to install the Pullrite superslide. Yes, you guessed it. Right there under my REI shoes in the rubber maid container someone had most likely sneaked up in the middle of the night and placed my missing parts in the same kind of zip lock bag I had originally stored them in. OK so is is STILL GOOD TO HAVE FOUND THEM. And yes, Kathy got plenty of mileage out of that little fiasco...hmmmm.
On tap tomorrow is an early launch and a 600 mile excursion to the Windy City. The Monty is stored outdoors in a remote lot just south of the WI border. So, if we have the wind with us we just might sleep in our Montana tomorrow eveing right out in the scenic storage lot [go ahead laugh- but this is the stuff you save to tell the grandkids from the nursing home bed]. Monday AM bright and early [regardless of the weatherman] I [Jim] will have tools [taps/drills] in hand and commence to capture plate/pinbox modification.
And then if all goes well our D/A will finally get married to the Monty for the next leg to the Motor City.

C U all tomorrow [on this site]
Jim n Kathy P.S don't you even complaint tonight about my mispelling or poor grammar-it has been a looooong day!

Jim-n-Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #2
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Jim take it easy tomorrow as Chicago is to have rain, low 40s. Monday dry sunny and starts the warm up 70s by Wed. Just thought I'd give you a weather update. Not that you needed it I'm sure you realize that your bringing the rain with you. -))
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:06 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I know them little elves move things around. I have not figured how they can transport things yet but I know they do. I appreciate your "white knuckle driving" in the white out conditions. Good luck and stay safe. Remember to measure twice and drill once on the installation.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:36 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Jim,
I can sympathize with you. As an example, I'll open the refrigerator door and ask the wife where the milk is. Of course, she reaches in and pull it off of the very front of the shelf! Now where did that come from I wonder.

When i cannot find something, and DW even says a word, I just tell her I "put it in a safe place." (Darn thing is so safe no one will ever find it!)

I just love growing up with my Hanna!!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:13 AM   #5
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
I always manage to find the elves return things right AFTER I've bought the replacements. I have LOTS of spare "stuff". I'm still looking for those 2 anode rods I stored away somewhere in the rig!!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Jim it was a beautiful day today (Monday) so I'm going to assume everything is going well. Send an update so that we all can send our congradulations to your achievements.
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote