Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2023, 11:14 PM   #1
Allie G
Established Member

M.O.C. #33651
Question 377FL bedroom slide

Got to our site tonight, went to put out the bedroom slide on our 2023 high country 377FL and only half moved then it stopped. We can get it to go in and go back out about three inches on just the forward side. I tried to switch trick to no avail. We have looked and nothing is stuck underneath. My husband has busted out his drill I have been trying to find the motor box but I can’t locate it. Does anyone know where it would be for that slide? Or any experience with this?

We have been living in ours for a month and the slide worked fine this morning.

Thanks in advance!

Allie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 02:00 AM   #2
Sparatacus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24110
Welcome to MOC, and maybe someone will chime in.
Sparatacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 03:05 AM   #3
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Not sure if yours is a Schwintek slide or cable driven. I had a similar problem with the Schwintek slides on my 2019. I was able to override the controller by hitting the reset button 6 times and holding on the 7th until the light flashes.
If Schwintek, the drill will not help you. I don't know about the cable systems. I've never had those.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 04:46 AM   #4
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I watched a sales YouTube video for your unit. You have 3 Schwintek slides (I marked with the red “S” below). I think the kitchen slide is an electric rack and pinion slide. Your leveling system is the Lippert electric system. There are no hydraulics on your unit. In the screen shot I circled the black Schwintek track at the top of the bedroom slide in the background behind the guy.

I will GUESS that you may have 2 controllers for your Schwintek slides - one for the front living room slides and one for the bed slide. Both controllers may be mounted on the back wall of the front storage compartment. I don’t know what the controller for the rack and pinion slide looks like but the Schwintek controller looks like the 2nd screen shot.

Download the Lippert Now app to your phone and it will have info and pictures of all of your systems. The Schwintek controller will have flashing lights on it to help with diagnostics and resetting I think - I have never had to do it but I have read plenty of stories here!

The “switch” trick you mentioned is intended to SYNC the Schwintek motors - nothing more. You need to find those controllers. Call Lippert support if you need to - I understand that they are helpful…but they did not mount your controllers - Keystone did that - so Lippert may not know where to tell you to look for them.

I am guessing about most of this! Hopefully another forum member will tag onto to this thread to offer real help - much better than my GUESSING!

Edit: I like to watch this guy's many youtube videos (My RV Works channel) about the Scwhintek slide...

https://www.bing.com/videos/rivervie...5&&FORM=VRDGAR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0014.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	15991   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0015.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	15992  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 08:11 AM   #5
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Mike gave you a good starting place. There's been a lot of discussion regarding the schwintek slide. They have a lot of problems with them. If they get installed properly the most common issue is they get out of time and can be re-synced using the link. To maintain the timing never run the slid out part way. Always run the full travel and hold the button sown for 5 seconds after it stops. The worst case is a poor install, in which case a dealer repair is needed. There is no easy manual way to operate the slide. You'd have to remove the motors.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Schwitek Repiar Bulletin ccd-0001768.pdf (3.36 MB, 35 views)
File Type: pdf Inverter CSW1012 Owner Manual.pdf (1.81 MB, 52 views)
Old 11-22-2023, 08:29 AM   #6
Allie G
Established Member

M.O.C. #33651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
I watched a sales YouTube video for your unit. You have 3 Schwintek slides (I marked with the red “S” below). I think the kitchen slide is an electric rack and pinion slide. Your leveling system is the Lippert electric system. There are no hydraulics on your unit. In the screen shot I circled the black Schwintek track at the top of the bedroom slide in the background behind the guy.

I will GUESS that you may have 2 controllers for your Schwintek slides - one for the front living room slides and one for the bed slide. Both controllers may be mounted on the back wall of the front storage compartment. I don’t know what the controller for the rack and pinion slide looks like but the Schwintek controller looks like the 2nd screen shot.

Download the Lippert Now app to your phone and it will have info and pictures of all of your systems. The Schwintek controller will have flashing lights on it to help with diagnostics and resetting I think - I have never had to do it but I have read plenty of stories here!
Thank you! We found the two controllers but I thought they were both for the front.
Old 11-22-2023, 08:30 AM   #7
Allie G
Established Member

M.O.C. #33651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldbak View Post
Mike gave you a good starting place. There's been a lot of discussion regarding the schwintek slide. They have a lot of problems with them. If they get installed properly the most common issue is they get out of time and can be re-synced using the link. To maintain the timing never run the slid out part way. Always run the full travel and hold the button sown for 5 seconds after it stops. The worst case is a poor install, in which case a dealer repair is needed. There is no easy manual way to operate the slide. You'd have to remove the motors.
Thanks! Yes we decided our kids can no longer help us with the slides (they are seven and five).
Old 11-22-2023, 08:32 AM   #8
Allie G
Established Member

M.O.C. #33651
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcNeal View Post
Not sure if yours is a Schwintek slide or cable driven. I had a similar problem with the Schwintek slides on my 2019. I was able to override the controller by hitting the reset button 6 times and holding on the 7th until the light flashes.
If Schwintek, the drill will not help you. I don't know about the cable systems. I've never had those.
Thank you!
Old 11-23-2023, 02:03 AM   #9
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
If you do have to manually operate the schwintek slides, just remove the retainer screw holding the motor in place on the outside, the push the motor in the wall up enough to disengage it from the gear track. turn the motor slightly so that it does not fall back into place and re-engage, then you can push or pull the slide by hand.
Here's a simple video showing the process.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote