Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2020, 03:52 PM   #1
Angelduro

M.O.C. #26162
Where are my circuit breakers/power center?

New owner of a 2002 Mountaineer 33RLBS pull trailer. Just got it home and confirming everything works and appears to be in good shape but I can’t find the circuit breakers panel. I haven’t extended the two slide outs because it’s parked in the street until I take it up to the mountains in two days where my daughter will live in it. I can’t believe the panel would be in a slide out anyways, but what am I missing?
Hoping someone here can help, I have the terrible thought my daughter will plug in a hair dryer or microwave while AC is on and blow a breaker and I’m 200 miles away, unable to help.

Angelduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 04:00 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
A 2002 Mountaineer is pretty rare here but maybe someone who used to have one will remember. I am pretty sure the panel will be obvious once the slides are extended. hey are hard to miss.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 04:17 PM   #3
Angelduro

M.O.C. #26162
Found it! The proverbial snake woulda bit ya; next to the furnace, I guess I assumed it was part of the furnace but once I got down on floor and looked closely, it’s pretty clear.
Thanks Carl and Susan, Are the Mountaineers rare on this forum or is it that it’s older?
Old 04-27-2020, 05:11 PM   #4
Hornet28
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25138
I think he's probably referring to age. It's ok we have an 05 Mountaineer 5th wheel. It's in great shape and we see no need to be paying for a new one

05 Mountaineer 298-RLS,
Hornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:46 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelduro View Post
Thanks Carl and Susan, Are the Mountaineers rare on this forum or is it that it’s older?
The age is the biggest factor of being rare.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:21 PM   #6
Angelduro

M.O.C. #26162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet28 View Post
I think he's probably referring to age. It's ok we have an 05 Mountaineer 5th wheel. It's in great shape and we see no need to be paying for a new one
Got it; I hope it holds up as well as my Artic Fox, 2000 and no problems. I did have to put on a new roof last year but my fault and insurance covered it.
The way these depreciate I certainly would not want to replace it with a new one.