Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Finally, Texas!

Almost 5 months late, but DW is repaired and recovered (a nice floral pattern). We took three days coming down from the KC area to Del Rio. Wanted to see what we missed last winter. It was 91 deg today. We were in a really nice park in San Marcos last night. Pecan Park is a small quiet place with full hook-ups, nice amenities, and a private access to the San Marcos River. They even have a canoe float business. I guess they won't let Ozz and I camp in the same state. He got home the day after we left. We were in Ok at the time. Now for some sight seeing. We are based at the Holiday Trav-L-Park. Seems pretty nice. Bob

ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome to Texas. My wife and I both went to the college in San Marcos. She graduated from there. They renamed the school as Texas State University. Nice little town, as is New Braunfels down 35 toward San Antonio. Enjoy the Hill Country fun.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:10 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hey, with that weather, grab a tube and do the float down the clear, swift Guadalupe river, in New Braunfels. Towel off, and visit Greune, up on the hill. Great little Antique shops and a very nice café overlooking the Guadalupe.
Glad you made it down safe, have a nice relaxing time. Wish we were there.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:25 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bob and Karen, we've not had the pleasure of meeting you but perhaps you'll be back in the KC area when we're in Independence.

If you have any interest in "the old west," about an hour NW of you at Langtry is the home, saloon, and grounds of Judge Roy Bean, "the law west of the Pecos." It's an interesting place to visit.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:19 AM   #5
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Welcome to Texas, and although we're not there at the moment, we will be returning to make our home base in the Hill Country before too long. (Home base = nice RV park pad with trees in the hills on which to park our Montana between travels!)

You've already discovered the beauty of San Marcos, and I hope before you leave Texas you will take a tube float trip down the Guadalupe (New Braunfels), visit Fredericksburg, and do some antique looking/shopping everywhere in that area. The food is great, the people are friendly, and boy, do I wish I were following you down the road today instead of looking out at the falling snow (7" already and it's still coming down; photos below were taken at 3:00 today, 4/20/08).

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:20 PM   #6
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Thanks to all for the advice and welcome. We took today off to rest from the trip and will start the running around tomorrow. Steve, thanks, we are planning to go see Langtry. We will be back in the KC area in May. I will e-mail you at that time. Jim, we are checking the water in Amistad Lake tomorrow. Later Bob
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote