Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Long Timers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2007, 06:17 AM   #41
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
We are on our 2nd RK love them both and never had any problem with stuff fall except for a few emergncy stops that would have effected any trailer. DW wanted the cooking area.

mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:41 AM   #42
happy campers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6523
We have the RL and like it for the view. Get what ever floorplan you like, and secure everything for the ride and you should be OK. Whatever you choose, make sure that you can get at your refrigerator without opening the slide while you are on the road. Good luck with your new Montana.
happy campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:59 AM   #43
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
As for problems with a rear kitchen they can be overcome, But the kitchen would block the fantastic views many parks offer out the rear window. Especially state parks. At a KOA in Las Cruces NM the rear view was breath taking, it overlooked the city lights and had the mountains in the background. As for the kitchen space, just how much space do you really want? This is supposed to be a easy lifestyle. The camper is to be enjoyed not a source of work. But get what you are comfortable with. Just my two cents worth.
Reference Glens picture of the ocean!
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:07 AM   #44
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We would not have hesitated to purchase a rear kitchen if all else fitted in. We feel they have the most workable and comfortable kitchen area. With the new suspension system the rear bounce is not what it was some years ago. We never seem to forget things as they were in the past. The rear view is a good thing and we do have the rear living area in the 3400 but when you live in these things for long periods of time you may have to consider function-ability and comfort over the .. when you can get it... rear view. Right now our rear view is looking at another camper parked behind us.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:35 AM   #45
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Get the floor plan you enjoy and feels right for you Everyone has their own opinion aobut the floor plans offered by Keystone, and the reason they have so many to try and meet everyones needs. You'll enjoy the RK, and with the new suspension you won't have any problems as long as you secure things properly.
Have fun and welcome to the forum. It's a great place for information and ideas and believe me you'll get so many ideas it will keep you awake nights figuring out when you can get to them.Above All
HAVE FUN!!!!!!
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:08 AM   #46
Sandi
Established Member

M.O.C. #4207
As for the kitchen space, just how much space do you really want? This is supposed to be a easy lifestyle. The camper is to be enjoyed not a source of work.

We have a RK and personally I can never have to much kitchen space. When you love to cook (and eat LOL) it isn't work, but rather fun! As has been said many times, find the floorplan you love and go with it. They wouldn't have so many floorplans if we all wanted and needed the same thing. We have never had any problems with "stuff" falling out of the cupboards
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:10 PM   #47
gj4040
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7002
We have a 3000RK on order after looking at many, many makes and floor plans of 5th wheels over several months. We had narrowed it down to an Everest or the 3000RK and the Everest dealers would not offer much of a discount off of retail. We were able to get right at 33 per-cent off the Montana and should have it by the second or third week of April. I will post again after we take delivery to let everyone know how the sale and PDI went. So far the dealer has been honest and up front to deal with. This is just my opinion, but, the Montana offers a lot of value for the money.
gj4040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:05 PM   #48
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
We have a 2955 on order and is due at the end of April. We have an 04 dodge diesel. All the trucks have their advantages so really they are all capable to do the job. I prefer 1 tons for 5th wheels of this size.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:04 PM   #49
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
We have a 297RKS Mountaineer. It has a rear L shaped kitchen. We have had the unit since 2004. We have made a lot of long trips 2,400 miles or more. We are now on a 3,500 trip .Wife loves it because of the counter space. We have had some things bouce out of cupboards on first runs on some nasty roads. We have since learned how to secure problem areas. All rigs have drawer and cupboard problems if they run on some nasty roads. Don't let "SOMEONE" influence your purchase. One thing we did learn long ago, keep the eggs in the store container. Wife put them in a plastic home frig. style unit. We had on the road scrambled .
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #50
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gj4040

We have a 3000RK on order after looking at many, many makes and floor plans of 5th wheels over several months. We had narrowed it down to an Everest or the 3000RK and the Everest dealers would not offer much of a discount off of retail. We were able to get right at 33 per-cent off the Montana and should have it by the second or third week of April. I will post again after we take delivery to let everyone know how the sale and PDI went. So far the dealer has been honest and up front to deal with. This is just my opinion, but, the Montana offers a lot of value for the money.
Good luck, gj4040! Let us know how everything is going with the new unit.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:12 PM   #51
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We've had both rear kitchen and side kitchen. No problems with the rear kitchen but I do like the large rear window on the side kitchen rig.

Speaking of kitchens, did anyone see the ad in Trailer Life where King of the Road has a front kitchen upstairs in the overhang area? These are very heavy rigs (19k gvwr) and I can't imagine what the actual pinweight must be. The specs say 3137 dry. It's a 40' rig. Here's the picture from the brochure.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:03 AM   #52
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
They have several FK models. Their top of the line is a tri axle, 19K gvwr, CC of 4099, rear bedroom.Ye Gads ..way out of our reach, camper and truck to pull it.But a interesting concept..Will have to look at one(just to look).
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #53
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Steve that is a nice looking rig. I agree on the pin weight. This much weight would have me leaving cheek imprints in the drivers seat.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:09 AM   #54
SUBSAILOR
Established Member

M.O.C. #6943
We have a '07 3295RK & it rides great!! In the past we've owned 2 other rear kitchen models of another brand & had some problems, but not with our Monty. Love the way it rides!!!
Ed & Darlene
We're full timing (again)!
SUBSAILOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:17 AM   #55
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Wow, Steve, that's a beautiful picture! Would you buy me one? On second thought, we'd probably turn the wrong way and end up sleeping in the kitchen and eating in the LR. Oops, we do that already!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote