Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2005, 03:07 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Wow!!

Great flight, Great food, and any landing is a good landing. Twenty hours in the air is a really long time. We are making it through that "body clock shift." An hour after landing, we were in our apartment that is just a bit bigger than our Monty but does not have as much storage space and the kitchen is more cramped and less efficient.

This is really a vertical city. It hasn't stopped raining since we arrived so there are buildings where the tops haven't come into view. They remain in the clouds and we haven't seen the tops of the mountains. I haven't yet seen the sun which makes it hard to get my bearings.

The people we have met have treated us royally. We have had some fantastic Chinese cuisine including a Chinese breakfast dish with the "century egg" (don't ask). The sage advice we have received is, "Don't ask questions, just eat it." So far, we have not been disappointed.

We have to wait until the work permit is in place to go to start serving and the immigration service will not be rushed. The delay does give us a chance to get settled in. We will meet the congregation in the Morning which is 12 hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Saving time. Thank you for your notes of encouragenment.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 03:09 AM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Stiles....glad you made it safely.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 03:21 AM   #3
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Stiles and Dianna, glad everything is going into place for you. Enjoy your time there, and keep the journal coming. Its so fun to hear about you and what you are doing.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 05:49 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Stiles and Diana, we're sure glad to hear you made it safely and are beginning the adaptation. I'm sure this will be a truly wonderful experience for you. And I'm glad you found an internet connection!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 06:15 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Stiles and Diana
So glad to hear you made it safely. Thank you for letting us know even though I know you have jet lag. Keep us informed. I've told so many people about your adventure. My daughter's church has active people getting Bibles into China so she was really interested in your wonderful calling.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 12:50 PM   #6
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
Be safe stiles... and for sure don't ask what's in it, or how it was made... just eat, smile, enjoy.. Best that way!
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 01:58 PM   #7
Go Pokes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1645
You are in our prayer as you begin this new journey.
Go Pokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 02:13 PM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Stiles, your message brought back a lot of memories of our trip from Illinois to Taiwan with two babies in the 1960s. It will take a while to get adjusted to the time difference. And I envy you with the Oriental cuisine. It's the real thing. But you're right about the don't ask-don't tell policy. You really don't want to know. Just enjoy. Blessings to you as you begin your ministry. We're so glad that you're able to keep in touch.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 03:12 PM   #9
Montana_4383
Established Member

M.O.C. #4383
Stiles n Dianna, Gary and I are new to this site and this "Monty" way of life. (Actually don't have one yet!) How exciting it will be to follow your travels and activities. God bless you both real good and keep you healthy and safe.
Montana_4383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 08:04 PM   #10
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Stiles n Dianna, We thank God for your safe arrival. Keep your positive attitude and we will pray for your successful mission. We look forward to your messages.
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 10:10 AM   #11
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Glad you made the trip safely! Hope everything continues to go well!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:27 AM   #12
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
"Any landing is a good landing", You are right. Hope that everything goes well for you both.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:45 AM   #13
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Not to be picky but every plane that ever left the tarmac has eventually had to land. Some landings go well and some not so well. Glad your's went well.
God bless you. We are looking forward to reading about your further adventures.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 03:52 AM   #14
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
So glad that you have arrived safely--assuming that yours was a "GREAT" landing. According to our SIL pilot that is one where you get to use the plane again! A "GOOD" landing is one you get to walk away from. It sounds as if the initial adjustments are being made and jet lag is fading. A "century egg".....hmmmm. We are feeling fortunate to be able to share in this wonderful adventure with you both. Adding our prayers for a fruitful mission--and looking forward to reading about your experiences. God bless.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote