Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2004, 05:19 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Moving to Orlando Super Park

Well I'm back from my campground exploration South, East and West of Orlando. (And another little 3 day trip to the World) I did not check out all that were on my list. Traveling East on 192 I decided that going in that direction would mean way too much traffic to go anywhere so I eliminated St Cloud.

Tropical Palms was a pretty cool place but they do not offer monthly or yearly sites. Sherwood forest is OK. Nice and quiet, but the only sites with 50 Amps are grass only. They also expect the RV'r to pay them $50 to do a background and credit check for a yearly site. Don't think so! They also want $475 per mo for yearly. It's the location that can demand the price not the campground itself.

Kissimee Campground is a KOA with no yearly and a very high month rate. Around $700. Again it's the location.

So I settled on Encore Orlando at Hiway 27 and 192. Only because I could get the special $149 for one month rate. Otherwise It's not a park I would chose. Think... Where is Screen for the Drive In Movie? Very desolate look and feel. No yearly rates. Again it's the location.

I'll be pulling in on July first. It's a good location for me to search for a permanent park further north on 27 and employment around or near Orlando.

As a side note: My contract with the State since '96 has finally found it's way to the big budget cut chopping block. New employment and driving distance to my father's will be a big influence to where I actually end up. But I'm ready for a new adventure. The Orlando park is a good location to explore the area. Maybe I'll end up close to "Cooley" country.

I'll post back as I explore the area and find any exceptional or even not so exceptional parks. That is if the cell phone connection I've signed up for with T-Mobile actually works. I'm sure going to miss my Road Runner.

By the way the trip to the "World" was a surprise by one of my long time friends who is not happy I'm moving away. So we headed off to the New Orleans French Quarter. Great moderate resort. Small and great bus service. Ate dinner at Boma's in the AK Lodge. Wonderful dining adventure. Had another great time. It's a good thing my season pass will be on hiatus for the month of July that I'll be staying at Encore Orlando or I might never find a job. By the end of July I'd be this broke bum sitting on the benches at Epcot!

fla native

2004 2980RL (Miss Montana) towed by 2001 Dodge diesel 3500 (LadyRam)

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 02:17 PM   #2
Montana_1652
Established Member

M.O.C. #1652
For all that are interested in central Fl., we have been at "Majestic Oaks" rv park on Chancey Rd. in south side of Zephyrhills, Fl. just 3/4 mi. east of hwy39, traffic isn't to bad.
lots are 40' x 70' with 12' x 42' concrete drive/patio. You must furnish own elect./phone, contract is for 7mos on and 5mos off.
price ranges from $1650.00 for 7/5 to 1750.00 for full year.
unlike its name they will allow no trees except palm trees and small fruit trees, no hard type trees, the park is about 50% complete with club house and heated pool, workout room, pool and card room, meeting/banquet room, roving jam sessions, trips etc.,
I believe it is called an adult park. There are about 8-10 park models on site and you can put one on your lot if you desire, but at this time it is still an rv park. We spend our winters there and like it so far.
Montana_1652 is offline   Reply With Quote