Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2004, 12:55 PM   #1
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Mountaineer Slide control

Just purchased a Mountaineer 298RLS (think that is the correct number); regardless, has two slides. When looking at the manuals that come with the unit, I noticed that it showed a dial type control on the hydraulic pump to allow us to limit which slides open - in fact the manual states to close all of these if the unit is to be stored for any period of time. Well, the Mountaineer pump does not have these on it and I'm wondering if anyone has installed them themselves (or had their dealer do it). My dealer seems to think that the pump would have to be changed out - to me it looks as if I'd simply have to purchase the small 'director' block with the valving control, and place the two lines into it after putting it on the pump itself.

Any help is sincerely appreciated.

/s/ Ron

skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 12:07 PM   #2
Montana_593
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #593
skypilot

My mountaineer manual also referenced hydraulic pumps for the slide. However, my slide is a rack and pinion electric 12v drive. I believe your model is a 5er and you may have a hydraulic pump but I bet you have to change it out like the dealer said.
Montana_593 is offline   Reply With Quote