Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2004, 01:18 PM   #1
DrivesBGM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3
Almost dropped the Monana!

I'm SO glad that I pull tested the hookup after hitching up to the Montana this morning! As always, I did all the hitching stuff, raised the stabalizers just off the ground and then tried to drag the Montana. (I do this by applying the breaks to the Montana via the controller while trying to move the truck slowely forward.)

Anyway, the truck moved forward as the 5er stayed stationary. I managed to get the truck stopped before the pin box slid all the way of the Reese hitch. At this point I backed up while holding the 5er steady via the controller and made a good hitch this time!

I hope I never get in too much of a hurry (or get distracted enough) that I skip the pull test.

Perhaps I should just install a "rail saver" like Mike did about a year ago.

Craig

'01 Chevy K3500 Dually 8.1 Allison 4x4 4:10 CC
Towing a '02 Montana 3655FL 5th Wheel
Manassas, Virginia USA
http://users.erols.com/jcmccarter/index.html

DrivesBGM is offline   Reply With Quote