Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2020, 06:38 PM   #21
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark7 View Post
One of my 5'ers, an 88 Starcraft Wanderstar (Nice rig by the way) had a toilet that dumped into the shallow end of the black tank. You really had to be careful of the dreaded pyramid! After I finally realized what was going on, I would add about 15 gallons of water to the tank after it was dumped to keep the floaters floating! That was the only one of the 5 I've owned that was set up that way.

A good clue to if you have that issue, though not always... is your toilet on the right (curb) or left side of the coach? Right side... there is a good chance your dumping into the shallow side of the tank. There are probably exceptions.
Nice try but that theory doesn't work on my unit and many many more. Lol
A lot of the Montana's front tanks run from front to back with the deep end being in the back

beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 08:23 PM   #22
Mark7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19032
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
Nice try but that theory doesn't work on my unit and many many more. Lol
A lot of the Montana's front tanks run from front to back with the deep end being in the back
That’s why I qualified my statement! Always learning😁. It’s always good to know what you’re dealing with regardless...
Mark7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 06:05 AM   #23
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
I use the Valterra gate valve and backwash the black tank with the gray tank water. No biggie and barely worth two pages of why or why not you should or not do it with your RV. It works for me while the on board tank flush arrangement does not do much, especially with a slow draining tank.

You just haven't really lived a full productive life until you have a poo pyramid as we had in a pre owned tho only a year old TT. Hours of work plus the cost of a new toilet was my penance for buying used and cheap

As far as sparkling clean - only time I was concerned was when I needed to do a tank valve replacement and didn't want - stuff - running down my arm since I had to raise the nose for personal clearance in my driveway.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:07 AM   #24
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Do what you want think what you want but at least the thread is informative and of some importance to an RV owners unlike a multiple-page thread of what screw to use to hang something on a wall. Lol
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote