Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2015, 12:55 PM   #1
Rescue Duct

M.O.C. #15966
FW - Truck Camper

Hello, My wife and I have been RVing in a TC for over 4 years now. Wanted to toss this out there for some feed back. We currently own a Northern Lite TC. WE love it, BUT when we travel we always have to break down and do our site seeing then return and hook back up. This is not a big issue electric and water fast and quick. Also while traveling we have been able to get into camp grounds with no reservation because we don't take up a lot of room. A small site with 30 amps or even 20 amps and we are good to go. In the winter I travel west to go bird and water fowl hunting. Pro Great camper, con not a lot of room have to break down and travel with camper anywhere and everywhere you go. Traveling with grandkids the camper looks like a grenade went off inside even before we leave home.

Now we went to a RV show here in INDY and bam there it was a Montana 3711FL wife walks in and falls in love. GREAT so I start to drill the sales guy and he was good and answer all the question I had, I could not find fault. And after reading these post sounds like these things are solid units with tons of miles on them. Yea a few little issue but hay its man made going to have some issue. So we started to talk about all the pros on these units. And they out way the TC, grand kids (room), leaving the camper at the campgrounds without having to move it, etc. Only one con question I have, as I mention before I travel west for hunting trips, Oct, Nov. Has anyone pulled these in snow, ice. Anyone know that MT and North and South Dakota can have heavy winds and bad weather in the winter. This unit is a four season with heated tanks and heated under belly so not to worry about freezing up. When we order one I will have a Generator install for any boon docking we want to do.

Sorry for so long but wanted to get some feed back, The wife wants one so I see one of these in our driveway this spring. I even thought about keeping the TC its paid for and cost me nothing. My insurance is a rider on my truck. And I don't have to plate it because it sit in my truck. But if I can do everything in the FW no since keeping two campers.

Thanks ART SCHLANGEN
Greenwood, IN.
Rescue Duct is offline   Reply With Quote