Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2008, 02:01 AM   #1
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Another failure in RV land ??

Heard on the AM local news here in Elkart County, Nappanee Window is closing their doors.

Have to wonder what that will mean to Keystone.

I keep hoping we heard this wrong?????

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:03 AM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
The problem is not limited to the RV industry but the auto as well. This notice is in today's business headlines.......

"Bill Heard Enterprises said in a news release Wednesday it was closing its 13 dealerships nationwide, but one of its two locations in the Houston area remained open. Bill Heard Enterprises has been the nation's single largest chain of Chevy dealerships, said Terry Rhadigan, a spokesman for the General Motors brand. In a written statement, Bill Heard Enterprises attributed the closings to rising fuel prices, an inventory too focused on heavy trucks and SUVs and the U.S. economic slowdown. About a month ago, there was an issue with GM and Bill Heard where some of their stores lost their line of credit with GMAC. A family-owned company, Bill Heard Enterprises was founded in 1919. The company was ranked 13th among U.S. auto dealership groups according to Automotive News, with 2007 revenue of $2.1 billion."

Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:00 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Carol,

I wonder if this means that Keystone have gone to some other brand or type of door? Maybe something innovative, or maybe just something cheaper, (I hope not a China import). Please keep you eyes open when you do the plant tour, and see what is going into the new units, especially any protypes. (I know, you would do this anyway, but please let us know if you see anything relating to this issue).

Wish we were there!
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:30 AM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
That company wrapped themselves around the RV industry so tightly, I'm not surprised that any ripple would bring them down. They refused to acknowledge any retail market, which was a poor business decision in my opinion.

Oh well, if they trick or treat the white house, Paulson is handing out checks.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:31 AM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
We will no doubt see more of this type of thing. As the industry implodes the suppliers will also start dying off. Just a natural process. Wonder if they'll be standing in line at the White House to get their "magic" pill? Hey! They are critical to the health of the nation aren't they?!

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #6
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Yep Dennis, The RV Nation.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote