Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Yuma, AZ

We are exploring places to winter next year and with a son in San Diego and a son in Phoenix, it would seem that Yuma might be a good place for wintering. At least it is halfway between the two boys.

We will be leaving San Diego around the first of April, returning to Phoenix for a few weeks. We will be staying in Yuma for a few nights and would like to hear from folks who live or have stayed there as to what would be a good park to stay at for the winter. The only thing we really like is Pickleball and not being too close to neighbors. We do not want to be on top of neighbors and like to put the awning out.....

Would appreciate advice.....

Thanks, Phil & Cathy

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Phil a friend of ours is in a new park in Fortuna area. Rancho Rialto RV Park. He is renting his site for $2400 a year or by the month he said they charge $450. If we was going to stay in one place we would consider this park.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Thanks Don, We will check that out. Anyone else keep the advice coming.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:38 AM   #4
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
I think the concern is how large a space you want. There are lots of parks, how far to get food and fuel and what congestion are you willing to put up with?? IMO I feel that some of the outof the way parks have more drawbacks and the foothills is real congested
bob
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:55 AM   #5
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
Phil,
There are Dozens and dozens of parks in Yuma. The newest, with probably the one with the most amenities is called "the Palms". I've heard that because they are new in the market this year, they are keeping their prices down and have a lot of "specials". As Don said the Foothills parks are kinda congested, but if your looking for privacy and room, I'd look at privately owned lots out in the foothills. Most lots have only space for two rigs, and are fenced all around with gates. Very nice for those with pets. Are you looking for a place in a park that has a pool &/or clubhouse? County Roads, Bonita Mesa, and Fortuna De Oro would all fit the bill for those.
Now if you need a place for just a day or two, give us a call. Depending on the dates we may be able to set you up at our place. Either way, give us a call. We'd love to get together with you guys and visit.
MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:56 AM   #6
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by blarkman

I think the concern is how large a space you want. There are lots of parks, how far to get food and fuel and what congestion are you willing to put up with?? IMO I feel that some of the outof the way parks have more drawbacks and the foothills is real congested
bob
Bob, We don't mind driving for food and fuel as we usually cook at home anyway. Just want a little room between rigs to put out awning, chairs, table, Bar b que, etc. Park must have many acivities also, Not just bingo and craft fairs....Do you know of any that fit this bill? Where are the foothills? Not familiar with Yuma.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:01 AM   #7
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
Phil,
I think the Country Roads RV Park or the new Palms will be the ones with the most "activities" in the area.
Joy
MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:07 AM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Joy, You posted great info and while I appreciate the offer to stay at your place we are going to try and stay at one of these parks to get the feel to see if we want to stay there for the winter. Please PM me your phone number and when Cathy and I get there we will call and have dinner.

If anyone else has ideas, please post and we will check them out also. I am very thankful for all the help my MOC familiy can provide.

Phil
Old 03-05-2010, 04:14 AM   #9
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
If you take the first Yuma exit the tourist burea is on the left and they list and show all the parks. We stay at Mesa Verde space 81, at the south end of 4th ave. We found this park 7 years ago and are still here. We like it because of the member park activities, like shuffleboard,dances,jam session, pot lucks, dances bingo card playing and yes two pools and two hot tubs, pool tables. Yes the spaces are closer but we feel that the grass in the back yard close to shopping center and also Urgent care. these are things we were concerned about. check them all out. The foothills are at the East end of Yuma and is the in thing or place to stay. I don't like the wind dust storms and more rain, just MHO. You can also PM me or call
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:28 AM   #10
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
We stayed at Sun Vista RV Resort for 6 winters. It's a great park with loads of amenities. The lots are fairly spacious. One thing to consider -- you have to be 55 or older to stay in the majority of parks in Yuma. The parks that accept under that age are generally very small lots and with less amenities. Also, the best parks fill up quickly. Many of them have yearly leases. That's what we did so we could be sure of a space at Sun Vista. If you have a Trailer Life RV Parks and Campgrounds Guide, have a look through there. We started out at Bonita Mesa RV Park, which was a nice small park -- but, we didn't like the highway noise and the trains at night (had a pet at that time and the pet lots were right on the highway). We moved over to Sun Vista.
Dick and Sharon
footloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:03 AM   #11
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
Phil and Cathy
You might check out the park we stay at in California. Fountain of Youth. We are located along the east shore of the Salton Sea about 3 hours from LA, SanDiego. 4 1/2 hours to Pheniox area via I-10. 2 hours from Yuma. Some people say so many activities that they have to go back home to rest! BocceBall,Shuffleboard,PingPong,CueClub(Pool), Horseshoes, Tennis court with pickleball lines!!! Square and Round Dancing, Line Dancing, DramaClub, Cards, Poker Room, 2 large pools heated to a lovely 90degrees, water areobics 4 times daily, workout room, walking trails, 4 mineralspas. This year the 4 month package was 1960$ that includes taxes and all utilities....The only drawback is you are 45 minutes to good shopping in Brawley, 1hour to ElCentro or 1Hour to PlamSprings Area. But the park does have a small store and veggie/produce man 2 times a week from Nov1 to late March with great fruits/veggies and Schawns comes in everyother Friday. Some sites are close, some far apart, depends how early you get here and how crowded it is. We are in a side that is not A/B and have a good 30-40 feet between our door and the back of next door nieghbor. If you want me to send you a packet(Iwork in the mailroom(yes full service mail facility with UPS and FEDEX too)let me know where to send and I can mail it out.
dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #12
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Phil the Rancho Rialto has nice size sites, salt water pool and hot tub, they also have lots of activities.
Rancho Rialto Park Model and RV Park
11322 S. Avenue 12E, Yuma, AZ, 85367
345-2147
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:22 AM   #13
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
You can check out Cocopah RV and Golf Resort where we have been coming back to for the past 5 winters. It's in the west end of Yuma where ther is less traffic. It has large sites and can be checked out at www.cocopahrv.com I dont know about pickleball but there are lots of activities and crafts available, an 18 hole golf course and a fabulous off-leash doggie area. If you want more info, send us a PM
Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote