Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2008, 02:04 AM   #1
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
Veterans Day

At 10:00 AM this morning I will be at the American Legion Post 22, in Golden Valley AZ. for a flag raising.

I want to salute all you veterans and current military for giving me the privilege and ability to be able to hook up the FW and tour this great country of ours.

My hat's off to you.

Ray

jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:40 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It is really encouraging to see of all the places that are paying tribute to the veterans here in the Orland,Fl area. It is all over the Tv as to the places that are offering free meals for the veterans and it is a very log list. we will be at the outback later today.We have come a long way in many areas. I am glad this is one of them.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:44 AM   #3
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I got this in my email and wanted to share it.

WHAT IS A VET?

Some veterans bear visible signs of their service: a missing limb, a jagged scar, a certain look in the eye. Others may carry the evidence inside them: a pin holding a bone together, a piece of shrapnel in the leg - or perhaps another sort of inner steel: the soulīs ally forged in the refinery of adversity. Except in parades, however, the men and women who have kept America safe wear no badge or emblem. You canīt tell a vet just by looking. What is a Vet?

The cop on the beat who spent six months in Saudi Arabia sweating two gallons a day making sure the armored personnel carriers didn't run out of fuel. The barroom loudmouth, dumber than five wooden planks, whose overgrown frat-boy behavior is outweighed a hundred times in the cosmic scales by four hours of exquisite bravery near the 38th parallel.

The nurse who fought against futility and went to sleep sobbing every night for two solid years in Da Nang.

The POW who went away one person and came back another - or didn't come back AT ALL.

The Quantico drill instructor who has never seen combat - but has saved countless lives by turning slouchy, no-account rednecks and gang members into Marines, and teaching them to watch each other's backs. He/She is the parade - riding Legionnaire who pins on ribbons and medals with a prosthetic hand.

The career quartermaster who watches the ribbons and medals pass him by. The three anonymous heroes in The Tomb Of The Unknowns, whose presence at the Arlington National Cemetery must forever preserve the memory of all the anonymous heroes whose valor dies unrecognized with them on the battlefield or in the ocean's sunless deep.

The old person bagging groceries at the supermarket - palsied now and aggravatingly slow - who helped liberate a Nazi death camp and who wishes all day long that his/her spouse were still alive to hold him when the nightmares come. An ordinary and yet an extraordinary human being - a person who offered some of life's most vital years in the service of his country, and who sacrificed his ambitions so others would not have to sacrifice theirs.

A soldier and a savior and a sword against the darkness, and he/she is nothing more than the finest, greatest testimony on behalf of the finest, greatest nation ever known. So remember, each time you see someone who has served our country, just lean over and say Thank You.

That's all most people need, and in most cases it will mean more than any medals they could have been awarded or were awarded.

Two little words that mean a lot, THANK YOU.

Remember November 11th is Veterans Day!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:53 AM   #4
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dustytuu

I got this in my email and wanted to share it.

WHAT IS A VET?

Some veterans bear visible signs of their service: a missing limb, a jagged scar, a certain look in the eye. Others may carry the evidence inside them: a pin holding a bone together, a piece of shrapnel in the leg - or perhaps another sort of inner steel: the soulīs ally forged in the refinery of adversity. Except in parades, however, the men and women who have kept America safe wear no badge or emblem. You canīt tell a vet just by looking. What is a Vet?

The cop on the beat who spent six months in Saudi Arabia sweating two gallons a day making sure the armored personnel carriers didn't run out of fuel. The barroom loudmouth, dumber than five wooden planks, whose overgrown frat-boy behavior is outweighed a hundred times in the cosmic scales by four hours of exquisite bravery near the 38th parallel.

The nurse who fought against futility and went to sleep sobbing every night for two solid years in Da Nang.

The POW who went away one person and came back another - or didn't come back AT ALL.

The Quantico drill instructor who has never seen combat - but has saved countless lives by turning slouchy, no-account rednecks and gang members into Marines, and teaching them to watch each other's backs. He/She is the parade - riding Legionnaire who pins on ribbons and medals with a prosthetic hand.

The career quartermaster who watches the ribbons and medals pass him by. The three anonymous heroes in The Tomb Of The Unknowns, whose presence at the Arlington National Cemetery must forever preserve the memory of all the anonymous heroes whose valor dies unrecognized with them on the battlefield or in the ocean's sunless deep.

The old person bagging groceries at the supermarket - palsied now and aggravatingly slow - who helped liberate a Nazi death camp and who wishes all day long that his/her spouse were still alive to hold him when the nightmares come. An ordinary and yet an extraordinary human being - a person who offered some of life's most vital years in the service of his country, and who sacrificed his ambitions so others would not have to sacrifice theirs.

A soldier and a savior and a sword against the darkness, and he/she is nothing more than the finest, greatest testimony on behalf of the finest, greatest nation ever known. So remember, each time you see someone who has served our country, just lean over and say Thank You.

That's all most people need, and in most cases it will mean more than any medals they could have been awarded or were awarded.

Two little words that mean a lot, THANK YOU.

Remember November 11th is Veterans Day!
You're right! It felt great when a fellow at the local car wash did that to me. He saw the veterans plates on the truck.
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:32 PM   #5
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I had to go to the emergency room a week ago from tripping over one of our dogs.
Don had his cap on with Army on it. The Doctor ask him if he was a vet and he said yes. He shook his hand and said "thank you" That was a nice thing he did. We were surprised. No one does this often.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote