Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2008, 08:07 AM   #21
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
No Diesel hasn't gone down here, still $4.79 a gal. GBY....

Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #22
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigmurf

Dave: Word has not reached the UP yet. Diesel is still $3.889
Murf, the UP is it's own country. Fought and won Independence in 1974 without firing a shot. They just forgot to inform Lansing.

As a 5-7 year Mich Tech'er (not sure of that time frame - kinda fuzzy. Early 70's, though, I think), I was caught up on the front lines. If it weren't for the Bosch and Gilt Edge beer (5¢ a shell), I don't think I would have survived...

As their own country, they are probably subsidizing the fuel prices. Either that or they are losing money and don't know it... Ya, eh???
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #23
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Dave,

Ya probably just went over the heads of about 99% of this forum!

But, ole Carol got it!

That was a goodun!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:09 AM   #24
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
The price for us Trolls is $4.889. g
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:50 AM   #25
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigmurf

The price for us Trolls is $4.889. g
That because we have all them newfangled gas pumps that cost a fortune. UPers just have the little white wheels with them numbers on them that spin around and click. No Fed stickers on those pumps. They shoot at Revenoors...
Old 07-26-2008, 11:01 AM   #26
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
The shame about fuel costs dropping is that Americans will quickly forget the dire need to expand exploration and we'll all soon be in the same boat again only worse.
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:57 PM   #27
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Several of you mention that as soon as the prices drop somewhat that we will forget about the crisis, It is my opinion that this has been a wake up call for all Americans and we will demand something be done. The 70's should have been the call but we missed it. I may be naive, but I really think this generation has woken up. IF we don't heed the call then we will be doomed, there, I said it. This has been my opinion and nothing personal to anyone...
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #28
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Those still working with really great incomes might forget. The rest of us will be licking the wounds and worrying for a LONG LONG time to come.

I hope it scared the beejeebees out of some really smart engineer types. They might come up with solutions, IF they look.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #29
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I would agree with you Phil and would hope we have had a wake up call..However.... We forgot about the fuel shortage of the 70's, we forgot about 9/11.I won't forget because these events have destroyed a dream and taken time away from me and we can never get it back.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #30
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
The Who (Peter Townsend) had a song. Theme song for CSI. "Won't Get Fooled Again". Wonder why they have to repeat that phrase so many times?

(Actually I love the instrumental on that...)
Old 07-26-2008, 05:57 PM   #31
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Wow!!! It looks like the oil companies have got you guys saying exactly what the wanted you to say "gee what a great price for gas and diesel" this is just another teaser time, they will be going up again, watch.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #32
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Don,

You got that right! They got us saying and doing exactly what they want us to do. I am so sorry we never invested in oil stocks! Bummer!

Later,

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:15 AM   #33
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Dennis and Don, you guys say up - I say down. $2.99 (gas) by the 2nd of Sept. I'd bet on that, but then that would be like commodity trading, which is not real high on my "Favorite Professions" list right now...

And diesel at $3.50, maybe lower.

If the "experts" and "analysts" are "surprised" almost daily, I figured it can't hurt for me to take a shot at this. At least I'm out here in the real world, while they are .... well, I'm not sure where they are at...
Old 07-27-2008, 03:08 AM   #34
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
The next excuse is winter heating oil, then Diesel will go up. We shouldn't complain we have had it to good to long. But I will vote in Nov. They have us over the barrel. We didn't develop our resources. GBY..
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:02 AM   #35
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Dennis and Don, you guys say up - I say down. $2.99 (gas) by the 2nd of Sept. I'd bet on that, but then that would be like commodity trading, which is not real high on my "Favorite Professions" list right now...

And diesel at $3.50, maybe lower.
David I dont believe we will ever see $2.99 gas or diesel unless you buy a Dodge or Jeep HA HA, and thats not a good deal either.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:05 AM   #36
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Think about this... I think it would be better if the price of gas was say 5.00 per gallon and diesel 6.00 per gallon come election time. If fuel is down to 2.99 gas and 3.50 diesel the voter is happy, things are good. How much it cost to fuel your car is no longer a issue. It is convenient that oil is dropping.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:06 AM   #37
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
On the way to Myrtle, we bought Diesel at $4.50 a gallon in Wytheville, Virginia. Gasoline was $3.65. We can only pray that this continues. The trip was completed below my budget for the year of $4.40 gasoline and $5.00 Diesel. Dear old Dad is happy because the end result (once I convice DW) is that the savings can be used for an additional trip to a SEAFOOD BUFFET. Now how cool is that!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:12 AM   #38
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
I'm waiting for the Political ads to start tomorrow ' Vote for XX, I brought oil prices down' with a picture of those worthless Congressional investigations they held -- did nothing, resulted in nothing, but they will take the glory. I also agree, come election time, if the price does drop substantially, the majority of the American public will vote to retain, short memories unfortunately!!!

The other side of the coin, and I just read an article in our local paper on this, those displaced because of losing their homes, won't be able to vote because they 'no longer live in the district where they are registered'; having lost their homes they are either in rentals or some other housing (friends, families, whatever)..... bottom line -- the most disgruntled are now disenfranchised as well. Again, what I read but it makes sense and it is a terrible shame if it holds.....

Off the soap box -- and sorry for off-topic. Moderator - if too far off, feel free to correct as you deem appropriate!
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #39
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
You members are all missing it... THIS FUEL STARTED DOWN THE MINUTE CONGRESS STARTED GETTING PRESSURE ON DRILLING...AND THE PRESIDENT APPROVED THE DRILLING...
If you want to insure this continues. keep the pressure on for DRILLING... The arabs don't want us to have our own oil.
KEEP UP THE PRESSURE
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #40
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That's part of it John.. Remember the USA is the single largest importer and consumer of oil on the planet.The oil companies, OPEC, any one who importers oil or sells oil to the USA does not want demand to decrease. All of these folks and countries are in the business of selling oil and we the USA are their biggest customer.The price of oil and all that it effects affected the consumer to the point of where they could not afford to buy it and demand dropped. That is a bad thing for folks who have the product to sell..The best way to increase demand is to lower price... and Shazam... that is what is happening. We need to keep demand for oil down by a combination of many things.Explore more drill more, develop alternative sources..none of which the oil folks want us to do.. They want us to keep on being the largest consumer of oil on the planet and not only OPEC and other oil producing nations..But our own folks ..right here in the good old USA. If we were indeed serious about not being dependent on foreign oil we would be building refineries, developing, wind solar and nuke power..Drilling, developing new fields...we have plenty of talk and politics but little action..If the downward trend continues in a couple of months we will all be happy..on the road again all this forgotton and the oil folks will have won again. Nothing will,change and it will happen all over again..