Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2022, 07:54 PM   #1
jfbritt
Established Member

M.O.C. #23856
Replace 50A Breaker to That Stops Slide When Retracting

I have an issue with the hydraulic slide stopping when closing. With the help of the forum and internet investigation I have determined it is a 50A resetting breaker. Keystone has issued a tech sheet recommending upgrading the 50A breaker to an 80A breaker to correct this problem. I need some further guidance on replacement of the breaker. I have included a picture of the breaker setup for my Montana.

As you can see there are two (2) 50A breakers. Breaker 2 has the 12V wire running to the hydraulic pump. It also has a couple of other wires attached to the connection with the 12V wire running to the pump. Should I replace Breaker 2 with an 80A breakers attaching all wires currently connected to the 50A breaker? Or, leave the two (2) existing 50A breakers and place the 80A breaker inline on the 12V wire running from breaker 2 to the pump? Also, should any wiring be replaced with a heaver gauge wire? Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	295RKD Breaker Information.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	12297  

jfbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 08:20 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Just replace that 50 with an 80. And be sure to put the wires on the 80 exactly as they came off the 50. The wiring is adequate for the change.

You could break off the pump onto a dedicated 80 if you wanted, but not necessary.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 09:08 PM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
As BB_TX wrote, replace CB #2 with an 80 amp and wire it exactly the same as it was. You will be fine.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote