Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2020, 01:25 PM   #21
River Rat

M.O.C. #24369
ownerrelations@keystonerv.com
My experience with customer service was extremely positive. When asked, they covered items that typically aren’t covered under warranty. It did take a week or so to get a reply due to work schedules during the pandemic. Good luck!

River Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:59 PM   #22
ACKLM8
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25709
That's a bit harsh. Most of the issues I see raised here are important, or enlightening, but jeez, reading the MOC forums is like listening to a bunch of people gripe about cafeteria food.
ACKLM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 05:31 PM   #23
GILAELKHUNTER
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vet4jdc View Post
Speaking of customer service. Can someone give me an email address for Customer Service at Keystone?
Try this lady she helped me get my slide out roof membrane replaced...
otisc@keystonerv.com
Or you can start from scratch here www.ownerrelations@keystonerv.com
Air Lift 5000 airbags
GILAELKHUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:36 AM   #24
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Power Cord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vet4jdc View Post
Speaking of customer service. Can someone give me an email address for Customer Service at Keystone?
Dear Vete4jdc,
I've sent you a private message. I think I can help.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:27 AM   #25
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
Inmates do have distractions, like difficult living pressures to deal with. The good part is having a worker with few skills and teaching them how to do a good job. The same applies to staff. It does require processes which includes proper training and a robust quality control, which Keystone falls short. At least with many of the finer details.

I agree with the auto makers analogy. Unfortunately there isn't foreign competition to set us straight since we are not doing it right on our own. Now, if someone like Honda started RV manufacturing in the states... That would fix it.
As someone who works professionally in manufacturing, and making our manufacturing process better, I can assure you that the Japanese manufacturers are NOT doing what has been stated earlier in the thread about deducting pay from workers, or worse yet firing them for mistakes. Yes, you heard that right. The Japanese do NOT fire someone when they make mistakes. Instead, they actually almost celebrate mistakes, and figure out why the mistake was made, and try to figure out how NOT to make that mistake again.

Not to get technical and geeky, but a lot of these principals were developed by an American, Edward Demming. Demming said that 90% of the time, we should blame the PROCESS and not the employee. Blaming the employee creates employees who don't care, which seems counter-intuitive, but it is the truth. If your employees are making mistakes, they are making mistakes because your company has not taught them correctly, and the buck stops at the company, not at the employee.

Yes, it is possible to have bad employees, and there needs to accountability and consequences, but 90% of the time, that is not the case. When you do have bad employees, hard decisions need to be made about that employee, and that may be termination, but that's a last resort.

All that to say, the problem is Keystone's, NOT their associates. And the fix is NOT more QC. The fix is fixing the problem at the root level, and putting processes in place that prevent it from happening again. Again, without getting geeky, if Keystone would implement these practices, they could actually get MORE done than they are getting done now, have better qualilty, have fewer warranty repairs, and ultimately in the end, fix less than they are today.

The last sentence is exactly what Toyota is doing today...
Old 06-04-2020, 11:33 AM   #26
Randy E
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21626
I had the exact same problem with our 3791RD when it was new in 2018. The hot wire was not even tightened in the plug. The screw was fully out. We also burnt the plug. The only way we found it was someone bumped the power cord while walking past, and half of our power quit. Keystone knows about that. They choose not to make it a priority or a safety issue.
2016 Chevy DD 4x4
Randy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:12 PM   #27
Biker bill
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24657
What is the fix for the roller shade. I have the same problem? Bottom piece is falling off the main shade.
Old 06-04-2020, 04:11 PM   #28
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
CADman

..."Not to get technical and geeky, but a lot of these principals were developed by an American, Edward Demming. Demming said that 90% of the time, we should blame the PROCESS and not the employee. Blaming the employee creates employees who don't care, which seems counter-intuitive, but it is the truth."...

We are essentially speaking a similar situation. My shop utilized the Demming approach for a period. We also certified to ISO, NSF, and ANSI BIFMA standards.
Process is key as is QC. Keystone is somewhere in the stone age with manufacturing. They don't understand that effort placed up front would save in the long run. Not to mention creating fiercely loyal customers in the process. Imagine an RV manufacturer in the U.S. with and outstanding reputation for quality. They would stick out like a sore thumb. I believe Keystone is too design driven with weak representation from the production side of the house.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:06 PM   #29
Vet4jdc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23051
Just to follow up, I received a check from Keystone today. They paid in full the cost of my replacement male connector. I will say even with the frustration of some Keystone issues (like slide motors), they did step up for me on this issue.