Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Long Timers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
6000 miles, 10 States and 5 National Parks

We just returned from our first episode of Long-timing! We left in June just after the wife and I both retired. Went to Glacier, Craters of the Moon, Bryce Canyon, Zion and the Grand Canyon. we met some fine folks and made some new friend from all over the country. I had my first experience with mountains and 10% grades and desert driving. The Duramax did its job well, the Pressure-Pro system was great to have. The Monty performed fantastically with the Dexter EZ flex and the Moryde Pin box.

What surprised us was how many rental rv's we saw out west. I was amazed how many rver's have pets with them and many times several of them too.

This was a practice run for Alaska in 2010. I don't know, talked to several families who were up there recently and talked about the road conditions. We may rethink just how to do it next year.

It is great to be back to the stick house and this point in our lives Long-timing is the way we will travel.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote