Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2019, 09:42 AM   #1
Ol' Alvie

M.O.C. #21324
Wet Carpet in 3971RD

We have a 2018 3791RD. There is a smell of wet carpet in the Rear Den area however the carpet is not wet. After a lot of crawling on the floor and smelling the carpet, we found that it is in one specific area. I removed the floor furnace vent cover and was able to put my hand between the carpet and the floor and found that the wood under the carpet was wet as was the carpet pad. It appears to only be in the area where the Drivers side slide is when it is closed, but I can't find ANY spots that are wet except under the pad. We have the extended warranty and will contact them right away, but has anyone else experienced this?>

Thanks!
Al

Ol' Alvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:39 AM   #2
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
It's probably wet from closing when it was wet. They slope outward when open but if there's any water on top when you close it, it's going to end up on the floor.

Mark