Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2019, 10:04 AM   #1
daveinaz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23256
Size of opening for LR TV in 2008 3400RL

Our 5er is currently in storage so I'm being lazy and asking here instead of driving out there and measuring it...

The PO had replaced the original TV in the living room with a larger one. The problem is it won't fit and lock into the original opening so I'm having to bungee it to the cabinet when we travel. I want to replace it with a smaller one that will fit and lock into the opening as per the original.

Can someone tell me the size of the opening or what dimension TV I need to get to be able to use the original locking mechanism for the TV?

Thanks!

david

Dave in AZ
2008 Montana 3400RL
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:59 AM   #2
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinaz View Post
Our 5er is currently in storage so I'm being lazy and asking here instead of driving out there and measuring it...

The PO had replaced the original TV in the living room with a larger one. The problem is it won't fit and lock into the original opening so I'm having to bungee it to the cabinet when we travel. I want to replace it with a smaller one that will fit and lock into the opening as per the original.

Can someone tell me the size of the opening or what dimension TV I need to get to be able to use the original locking mechanism for the TV?

Thanks!

david

My 2008 3400RL still has the original TV, its a 32" diagonal, the actual opening in the cabinet is 32"wide ,and 26*1/2" top to bottom. It would take a TV with those dimensions to fill the opening. MY TV is 31*3/4 x 24*1/2

My particular TV has a curved portion on the bottom of it where the speaker is, and then they added a wood filler thats curved to fill the bottom, thats connected to the locking mechanism .

We have two different brands of TV's in bedrooms in the home, both being a 32" TV. Outside dimensions on one is 18"x29", the other being a little older 19*1/4 x 31*1/2. The newer TV's have very little frame work outside the actual screen , making them smaller in actual size. A new 32" TV is going to actually be in the neighborhood of the newer one I have in my home 18" x29", no where near the size to replace my old 32" in my fifth wheel, and fill the opening.

IMO it will be tough to find a size to fit, I will probably if the time comes get one that fits inside the opening, and then figure something out as a filler .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:11 PM   #3
kencare
Established Member

M.O.C. #9836
2008, 3500RL.
We replaced our TV with 32" Samsung mounted on the original bracket as low as possible so can slide in & out & swivel, locks in place for travel. Had a gap at the top, so installed a board covered with material to match the speakers above it. Looks good and works perfect. A lot of people think it is a speaker as well.
kencare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:55 AM   #4
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by kencare View Post
2008, 3500RL.
We replaced our TV with 32" Samsung mounted on the original bracket as low as possible so can slide in & out & swivel, locks in place for travel. Had a gap at the top, so installed a board covered with material to match the speakers above it. Looks good and works perfect. A lot of people think it is a speaker as well.
A friend ,and his 3400RL had to do the same, so far the old one in ours has held up. Finding one that will fill the gap, would be near impossible.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:19 AM   #5
daveinaz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23256
thanks for the replies. I guess we have to decide whether to keep the bigger one in there and just bungee it from moving or get a 32" and make some sort of trim to cover the gap at the top. Or maybe I could just cut the opening so the bigger one fits? I'll have to check into that option too.

Dave in AZ
2008 Montana 3400RL
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote