Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2018, 04:14 PM   #1
astrungis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13151
2018 Montana 3902FB

Just went to an RV show in Tucson today. Man does that 2018 3902FB look mighty nice. Who would you recommend to purchase from for the best price? I'm willing to travel to trade in the 2013. It seems not many dealers have them presently. Thanks!

astrungis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 05:38 PM   #2
hardinrob
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18461
I bought my 3921FB from Bankston Motor Homes in Huntsville, AL. Eddie Stanley was my salesman and did a fantastic job getting us the best price we could find anywhere near us.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:46 PM   #3
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Be smart about it and work back and forth between at least 3 dealers to get the price down to it's lowest point! I would include Camping World in that mix at a minimum as they typically will have the lowest price. CW gets a lot of flack on here for service but it is rare that another dealer will beat their sales price if you work the deal between them and other dealers. Don't be shy about going out of state either. I will happily drive several hundred miles to save a thousands of dollars. Make it a commodity bid process. You know the exact model you want. Spec it out and force the dealers into a bidding war.

Now once you buy the rig find a good quality service only business to actually do your maintaince. Dealers rarely have good service and you certainly won't get the best sales price from a dealer that does have good service.

Don't let anyone make you feel guilty about doing it this way. The markup on these RVs is thru the roof. If other dealers want your business they are going to have to learn to price match. There is plenty of room in their profit margin don't let them fool you.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 05:58 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Tony-- It all depends on if you want to drive any distance to purchase your unit or not. It also depends on the SERVICE a dealer gives not just the price they are willing to give you for the unit. I live is Nebraska and my dealer, who is across the Missouri River from Omaha in Council Bluffs seems to be doing some really good deals on units both new and used. It is Leach Camper and I would highly recommend them for both price and service. A lot of dealers will sell you something but do not want to service it if something goes wrong. If you want to talk about Leach, PM me and I'll give you my phone number and we can talk. We are currently down in Benson if you want to swing down and talk in person.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:58 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Rondo is right. Leach is a good one.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote