Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2005, 06:58 AM   #1
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Kipor Generator Info

There has been a few threads on Generators and I just got my Kipor running so I can share my experience.

I bought this Kippor Sinemaster KGE 2000 over the Internet from Aurora Generators. This was a month ago and you can purchase this unit from
Aurora for 678.00 US. It has the identical specs to a Honda EU 2000.

The first unit arrived damaged, cracks in the housing and broken off choke lever. I contacted Aurora and they said ship it back and they would replace it. They said it was unusual for damage in transit.

I had to pay for the shipping 45 US and a week later the second generator showed up. This one started & ran but gas flowed from a tubing at the top of the carburetor. It was probably a bad needle valve or stuck float but I tried everything and it would not stop.

I contacted Aurora and the gentleman was very nice. I asked for my money back but he insisted on sending me a brand new carburetor.

The new carb came in yesterday and I put in on this morning. It took me 45 minutes as I am a millwright not a small engine mechanic.

The generator started up and seems to work fine. I had it running for a couple hours and so far so good. Would I buy another generator over the internet, no I don't think so. I also found out that here in Canada there are very few places to get parts and service.

Only time will tell if this unit will give me good service but if I had to do it all over again I would have bought a Honda from the dealer I know. He said that Honda will not allow him to work on my Kippor or to take a Kippor on trade because Honda is claiming the Chinese have copied their technology. That is an issue all to itself.

I just thought I would share this experience with you and sometimes you do only get what you pay for.

Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 07:27 AM   #2
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
I had the same carb overflow experience the first time I used my Honda EU2000i, I used the bowl drain (if the Kipor is an identical knock-off it should have the second plastic hose coming from the bottom of the carb) to drain the float bowl, as I also figured it was some impurity from the tank or hose, after draining the bowl the generator worked fine, and has been working correctly for the last year and a half. I paid $875.00 with free shipping (Alamia Power Equip out of Colorado), I think its worth the $200.00 to go with the name brand unit, and the reputation it has.

JPB
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 07:31 AM   #3
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Don, Sorry to hear this has been so much trouble for you. Hopefully it will work like expected from here on out. I did want to share that I've bought 2 Honda 2000s from Hayes over the internet and another Yamaha6000 and have had no trouble buying these this way. I do know I'd be fumming if I had had to pay the $45 shipping for a DOA unit nor not being able to return it. Best of luck going forward.
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:09 PM   #4
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jpbcny

I had the same carb overflow experience the first time I used my Honda EU2000i, I used the bowl drain (if the Kipor is an identical knock-off it should have the second plastic hose coming from the bottom of the carb) to drain the float bowl, as I also figured it was some impurity from the tank or hose, after draining the bowl the generator worked fine, and has been working correctly for the last year and a half. I paid $875.00 with free shipping (Alamia Power Equip out of Colorado), I think its worth the $200.00 to go with the name brand unit, and the reputation it has.
JPB
Thanks for the reply and yes the Kippor carb has a second hose coming from the bottom. I did not try draining this as you did but the screw slot is distorted like it has been over tightened.
The carburetor name is huayi ans it says standard of Japan on it.
I did a search and huayi is a Chinese product made in China so I wonder if the standard of Japan is just a misleading phrase.

315, thanks for the kind words
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:14 PM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Don thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote