Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #21
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Verizon pre-paid offers an unlimited, uncapped plan for the Jetpack for $70 with $5 off for auto pay. While there is no cap it is subject to network management but I have not experienced it and have used over 75 gb this far this cycle.

PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:25 PM   #22
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Fireguy View Post
Verizon pre-paid offers an unlimited, uncapped plan for the Jetpack for $70 with $5 off for auto pay. While there is no cap it is subject to network management but I have not experienced it and have used over 75 gb this far this cycle.
I just called them and they told me its 15 gig soft cap then reduced to 3g speeds which is .6mb download speed. If can shed some information on this I would appreciate it !! its a good deal if its really unlimited while out camping
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:14 PM   #23
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Only the post paid is capped. The prepaid plan is not.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/ver...-for-jetpacks/
Old 12-02-2018, 10:31 PM   #24
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Quote:
Only the post paid is capped. The prepaid plan is not.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/ver...-for-jetpacks/
This might be so new that the store I called didn’t know about this plan. Can you start and stop service when you don’t need the hotspot.?
Old 12-03-2018, 03:39 AM   #25
pattiw61

M.O.C. #21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTimes View Post
Does anyone use the Amazon FireStick for tv shows and movies? We are going camping for the month of December so I ordered one and had my Verizon MiFi box connected again for the month. Just wondering if there are any pointers?
We used our firestick once and then I found out we have a smart Blu-ray player and we could get Netflix and other movies as well. We had to use our hot spot as the campground wi-fi didn't work (not a surprise). It seems to use a lot of data as it's the first time I got a notice about heavy data usage.
pattiw61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:01 AM   #26
justlkn

M.O.C. #20464
I have had the Verizon Prepaid Jetpack unlimited for a little over a month. I am using around 16gb a day with almost 500gb a month. No slow down at all. I am supporting 4 Firesticks, 3 phones and a tablet. I also purchased an putlet timer that I set to come on every 12 hours to charge the battery for two hours to help prevent over charging and battery swell. $65 a month with auto-pay for unlimited unthrottled data is a steal!

The only thing I recommend is to go to the store and buy the newest 8800L jetpack instead of using the old outdated one Verizon shows on their page.
justlkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:11 AM   #27
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Quote:
Originally Posted by justlkn View Post
I have had the Verizon Prepaid Jetpack unlimited for a little over a month. I am using around 16gb a day with almost 500gb a month. No slow down at all. I am supporting 4 Firesticks, 3 phones and a tablet. I also purchased an putlet timer that I set to come on every 12 hours to charge the battery for two hours to help prevent over charging and battery swell. $65 a month with auto-pay for unlimited unthrottled data is a steal!

The only thing I recommend is to go to the store and buy the newest 8800L jetpack instead of using the old outdated one Verizon shows on their page.
Considering its prepaid, I assume I need to purchase the unit outright, not really a problem, just trying to get all the facts. Second, since its prepaid and im not a full timer again, assuming I can start and stop the service as needed..? I will be heading out this summer for 2 months, would be great to have unlimited to stream from all TV's !!
Old 12-03-2018, 09:53 AM   #28
justlkn

M.O.C. #20464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2Die View Post
Considering its prepaid, I assume I need to purchase the unit outright, not really a problem, just trying to get all the facts. Second, since its prepaid and im not a full timer again, assuming I can start and stop the service as needed..? I will be heading out this summer for 2 months, would be great to have unlimited to stream from all TV's !!
Yes you will have to purchase the jet pack out right and as for starting and stopping the service as needed I can't say. I looked at the account online and it only gives me the option to cancel service.
justlkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:08 AM   #29
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Quote:
Originally Posted by justlkn View Post
Yes you will have to purchase the jet pack out right and as for starting and stopping the service as needed I can't say. I looked at the account online and it only gives me the option to cancel service.
May be worth it to stop into a store and get more info !! Thank you !!
Old 12-03-2018, 11:49 AM   #30
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
You can start and stop as you like as it is prepaid. Simply stop paying and the service stops. I believe you can then prepay again and service is available. May have to create a new account depending on how long the stoppage is. You purchase the unit for $199 outright then add the first months bill of $70. After that the bill is $65 with auto pay.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:51 AM   #31
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
With the Verizon Prepaid Jetpack what are your download and upload speeds?
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:22 PM   #32
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Depends on many, many variables. There is no number that would necessarily reflect what you would get. I have seen speeds of about 50Mbps and as slow as 2Mbps. In general network and tower saturation, tower location, LOS will all have significant impact on your throughout.

I have two devices which I can aggregate he available bandwidth. I have on average about 8 devices connected at any given time. I can watch streaming TV and video including HD Vudu streaming which is probably one of the more bandwidth intensive streaming services out there. If you have average LTE coverage you should have no problem doing the same on a single Jetpack on this prepaid Verizon plan.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:33 PM   #33
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Just don't forget that the $70 or $65 is for the Jet Pak only. Phones are $40 each line, not sure on Tablets, but when I looked into it it would increase our bill $50 to $75 more a month for 3 phones, 2 tablets, & a Jet Pak.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:59 AM   #34
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Depends on many, many variables. There is no number that would necessarily reflect what you would get. I have seen speeds of about 50Mbps and as slow as 2Mbps. In general network and tower saturation, tower location, LOS will all have significant impact on your throughout.

I have two devices which I can aggregate he available bandwidth. I have on average about 8 devices connected at any given time. I can watch streaming TV and video including HD Vudu streaming which is probably one of the more bandwidth intensive streaming services out there. If you have average LTE coverage you should have no problem doing the same on a single Jetpack on this prepaid Verizon plan.

Yes, I understand ones results may vary. What I am looking for is DSL speeds or better. Sounds like you have been able to do just that. So at least I know I have a good starting point. Most likely will also get an antenna and booster.

I need to be able to use VOIP via Skype with screen sharing and control. I have coworkers that use DSL so that is my baseline. Of course 5GB files take them forever to download.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:29 PM   #35
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
I am performing those functions as well. I do a lot of thin client stuff even when bandwidth has been challenging. The cell amplifier isn't always the best option, however it is one of the tools I would recommend having in your aresenal. As soon as I can find the Netgear MIMO antenna in stock anywhere I will jump on one of those as well. From what I have seen the MIMO antenna is more often the tool of choice for markedly increased throughput as the booster can only boost one channel.