Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2020, 12:02 PM   #1
Gertrude
Established Member

M.O.C. #27376
where to buy original speaker ball mounts and Amplifier ?

Hello All,
I recently purchased a 2007 Montana 3600RE as my semi-Permanente residence. I've been in it for a week now and I am quite happy with it so far.

It is in pretty good condition but does need a few small parts here and there.
First, apparently there must have been some sort of Amplifier for the sound system at one time (?), but it is not in the Entertainment Cabinet (just above the living room TV).

There IS a sub woofer in the cabinet, and there is wires are going into the wall, for what I assume to be going to the ceiling speakers (?).

Also, there are 3 matching speakers mounted above the TV, (that are also not hooked up to the wires.

So, I'm assuming there was some sort of amplifier (?) at some point, to connect all these speakers to the TV ? and if so, I like to find out what it was originally and get a replacement.

I'm assuming it must have been a 6 channel amplifer ?
Bass, Front left, Front right, Front center, Rear left, Rear right ? ? ?

Can anyone here please share some pics of theirs so that I know what I should be searching for ?

Next up,...
...one of the speaker "ball" mounts, (in the ceiling of the living room), is broken, (the clamp section that holds the "ball" is snapped off).
I would like to replace it with an OEM mount, so that the screw holes in the ceiling will line up properly... and I'm not having to drill more hole in the ceiling.

The mounts do not have any company/brand identificaton on them, so I'm not sure where to go for a manufacturer direct purchase.

I have seen some **similar** Speaker Ball Mount types on Amazon, but they are slightly different, and again, I'd prefer to not be drilling additional holes unnecessarily.

Also, the speakers themselves, do not have any sort of brand name on them... so I'm a bit in the dark as to what I should actually be looking for.

Thank you for any assistance, pics, or advise you may be able to provide.
Cheers !

Old 11-10-2020, 08:07 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I have a 2007 but different floor plan. My OEM home theater system (DVD player/5.1 surround sound system) was a no name system, in that there was no name on the unit or the speakers. It died after just 3-4 years. I just measured the unit, wrote those dimensions down, and went to Best Buy and found a Bluray DVD/5.1 home theater system complete with new speakers including sub woofer to replace it. My unit is in a small slot in the cabinet so I was restricted on the size and choices. . Reused the speaker wiring but replaced all else.

As for the mounts, not likely you will find that exact mount after this many years. But you should be able to find one similar. But may need new holes. But my new speakers would not directly fit the old mounts any way. I had to do some “engineering improvements” to get them to hold the new speakers.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:22 AM   #3
Gertrude
Established Member

M.O.C. #27376
Thanks BB,
I just may have to do the same as you did.
I was able to identify the OEM Surround Sound system, and after reading several reviews, it seems that these units are quite prone to failing after just a couple of years.
Can you tell me the brand/model number of the unit you found that fit the space below the TV ?
Thanks
Old 11-12-2020, 07:42 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
The one I bought is a Panasonic. Don't remember the model number and the trailer is in storage several miles away. But the last time in Best Buy they did not have anything similar. And I don't see one similar on the Panasonic web site. Don't know what other brands might have in something similar. The link below is the closest Panasonic web site shows, but it is not Blu ray and the speakers look somewhat larger.

https://www.panasonic.com/middleeast.../sc-xh105.html
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote